using frontpage2000 for homepage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• using frontpage2000 for homepage

is it possible to have vbulletin installed in a sub-directory, with the root directory containing 2 or 3 pages managed with frontpage2000? i would like to have my home page and perhaps a couple of other pages managed with the fp extentions, and have a link to the forum from them. can this be done ? and would i just run vb out of a sub-directory? i already have a site with the fp extentions installed, but would like to add a vb forum. thanks in advance.
    Set a good example to a child.
    Visit www.jerrybuilt.com often.

Yes - this board itself is on a subdirectory "/forum"

Comment

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by geek [/i]
      [B]i already have a site with the fp extentions installed, but would like to add a vb forum. thanks in advance. [/B][/QUOTE]

Sorry, you can't call yourself a geek if you use Front Page Extensions ;).

-jim
      "The dot-com bust has cleared out the carpetbaggers and left the Internet to those who really care about it"
      - Jon Ippolito, new-media curator, Guggenheim Museum

Comment

You can do that as frontpage will just create all those annoying directories that start with _vti_ but they will not affect vBulletin and its php files.

Comment

Blah. Frontpage.
          http://racing.kos.net
          http://www.rumour.com/

Comment

Although I would not personaly let Frontpage touch the php scripts! And I would not use Frontpage to upload/download the scripts from the server, you should just use a normal ftp client for that. ;)

That would be a safer way to use Frontpage with your forum scripts! :)
            We're Here Forums!
            [email protected]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X