Time 10 min off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time 10 min off

I have noticed when people post to my board the posting time is off by about 10 minutes in the future… where does VB get it’s time from?

The server?

Is there an option that will direct vb to get the time from another source? Like the Internet

Thank you Dave

You want it to get it's time off of the "Internet"? I am not sure how, or why you would want that.
    We're Here Forums!
    aaron@webstyles.net

Comment

If VB gets it's time from my server Does it?????? And my servers’ time is 10 min off I was thinking another source might be more reliable.

I guess I really wont know until someone answers my first question

Comment

In a simple answer: No

vBulletin retrieves the time using PHP's built in time functions and those functions get it from the server clock.

However you can do one of several things...

1) Reset your server clock to reflect the time you think it should be set at.

2) Put a Time Synchronization utility on the server and point it to one of many publically accessible atomic clocks.

3) Change PHP to point to one of several publically available atomic clocks, compile, test and rollout.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Thank you!

Dave

Comment

Working...
          X