Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you validate a user who signs up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you validate a user who signs up?

I have my board set to allow me to approve user signups. Two people are beta testing it and tried to log on. They get confirmation e-mails with a link to validate, but once they validate, they can't post. I've looked for the interface to approve users, but can't find it. My Control Panel says "no users require moderation" or something like that on the first page. How do I approve these users so that they can post? Manually setting up accounts is not an option, as I have a community of over 200 that need to post here.

TIA. Details below.

-Tom Hespos

Hardware details, including CPU, RAM, hard disk size, and any other useful information - Dual PIII, Raid SCSI drive system. Don't know the rest. Maybe my hosting provider does.

Your ISP/web host, if applicable - Hostway

The operating system and web server software, including version numbers. - Linux (Red Hat 6.0), Apache 1.3

PHP version, any related options from the php.ini file, and whether PHP is operating as an Apache module, ISAPI module, or as a CGI application - PHP v4 operating as an Apache module.

MySQL information, including version number and any other useful information - mySQL v2.0 hosted on a separate server.

Version and URL of your vBulletin installation - vBulletin 1.15 at [url]http://www.oldtimerslist.com/mb/[/url]

Hi

Do you also get a confirm email when they sign up?

You might just want to go to your control panel.. look for 'find' .. once your in ther..type the users name and manually set them to 'Registered'

Take care.
    JackG

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X