• Show
Clear All

• ssracing
    replied
    Thank you Thanks to everyone!

Leave a comment:

• werehere
    replied
    [quote]I had them restore the directory where VB was installed but that didnt get me back my fourms[/quote]

No, but it did get back your scripts, and verified they did indeed have a backup of your server (which hosts sometimes lie about). So that may be a good sign that they can get it back for you.

[quote]I guess I need to have a restore of my MYSQL..... [/quote]

What I would do is tell them to restore the forum database from their backup. Just make sure they know the name of the database, and they should be able to do that for you.

I believe you just have to replace (or overright) your <database> directory under mysql and it should be fine. But I would leave that up to them since it is there backup. :)

Leave a comment:

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    Well your database would be stored in the mysql filesystem but I do not know what is involved in restoring it.

Leave a comment:

• ssracing
    replied
    The backup is on a server (westhost) I was told they do a backup every 3 days and they can restore files for me. I had them restore the directory where VB was installed but that didnt get me back my fourms, members or postings.... I guess I need to have a restore of my MYSQL..... Do you think my server's backup will work since it wasen't a "mysqldump" ??? it's just a tape backup of their whole system

Dave

Leave a comment:

• werehere
    replied
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Me2Be [/i]
    [B]You will need to have MySQL & php re-installed and then follow "step four" on [url]http://vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=2199[/url] [/B][/QUOTE]

Hold on a minute here!

He never said that it was not still installed and working properly did he? I think he was asking if it was necessary to "restore MYSQL?", and I think the answer for you is no! I believe he is talking about restoring from a server wide backup, or something similar.

If mysql is still installed, then there is no reason to redo it.

What type of backup do you have? Is it an .sql file for the database, or is it a server backup?

Leave a comment:

• ssracing
    replied
    I am running windows 98 will the instructions still work on windows?

Leave a comment:

• Me2Be
    replied
    You will need to have MySQL & php re-installed and then follow "step four" on [url]http://vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=2199[/url]

Leave a comment:

• ssracing
    replied
    Me2be.... My server has a backup, what do I need to do? restore MYSQL?

Leave a comment:

• Me2Be
    replied
    If you don't have a backup of your database, you won't be able to restore your posts or member information. That database is what contains all this information (not the files)

Sorry :(

Leave a comment:

• ssracing
    started a topic Lost board info, user names, postings and forums

Lost board info, user names, postings and forums

I lost my board when I tried to upgrade to the new VB 1.5 Lost everything members and all the postings & fourms. I did not have a backup, I know now I should have done a backup…. Anyway my server has a backup of my files and can give them to me… my question is WHAT file do I need to give me back all the member info and old postings? I had them give me a copy of the directory that I installed the vb program into but the files are all blank like when I first set the board up… are the files I need hidden somewhere? Like maybe in the MYSQL? Do I need the to restore the SQL to how it was before I lost everything?

Anyone know what files I need to restore??

Thanks Dave