1.1.4 upgrade lost everything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.1.4 upgrade lost everything

Some how I think I screwed this up.. I received an email telling me I needed to upgrade to VB 1.14 so I did and some how lost all of our 65 registered users and the 1000 postings on the board everything looks like it did when I first installed VB 6 months ago BLANK!.. Is there somewhere all my old info is hiding? I think I chose the wrong option on the upgrade I added a new database I guess or did I over write my old one? I am going to have a whole bunch of people pissed at me if I cant get back the lost info….

Can any one help?

Thanks Dave

you may have chose to overwrite the existing database on upgrade which means you wiped your data.. if you have a mysql backup you recently created you can reimport it

:: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Did you perhaps run the install.php and answer yes to the "Empty Database" option?

Comment

Yes I ran install and I dont think I have a back up of the mysql.... Am I screwed? Wonder if my server has a back up of my files? do you thik they would? guess I will call them

Comment

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ssracing [/i]
          [B]Yes I ran install and I dont think I have a back up of the mysql.... Am I screwed? Wonder if my server has a back up of my files? do you thik they would? guess I will call them [/B][/QUOTE]

I don't think your server will keep a copy of your database for you -- I would highly highly highly recommend doing a backup of your database ANYTIME you make any changes even if it just a minor hack.

If you need help on backing it up, I know there are a few threads in the server configuration and mysql forums.

Comment

Must be my lucky day, I called my web host and they have a backup of my board and can put it back as it was yesterday, they charge $40 but it is worth it not to have 60 people from the board upset with me.... I WILL DO A BACKUP NEXT TIME

Thank you

Comment

I just received the backup from my server and it doesn't have our user info like members log names or any of the postings from before, the board was up for 6 months so we had a lot of members and postings.... anyone know why? I had them send me the back up of the directory I installed vb in to... is there another place that the program keeps the board info? someone said something about having a backup of MYSQL.... not sure what that is, I know I had my server install it for my but I dont know where it is or what it is doing.... any info please

Thank you Dave

Comment

Help Anyone PLEASE

HELP

Comment

You need a backup of the mysql database - not the PHP source code. Talk to your host.

Comment

Ok great Ed thanks!... Do I have them restore the whole MYsql database to how it was the day before I screwed up? that will bring everything back?

Comment

If they do it correctly, yes :)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X