Clear All

• TB2
    replied
    Is there a chance to get this program?

Leave a comment:

• pauliu
    replied
    Thank you very much for your help.

I passed this project to my company, they made a conversion program to move users and threads data from UBB Lite to VB and now my club's VB is well running. :D

[url]http://reefclub.org/forum/index.php[/url]

I like VB! :cool:

Paul

Leave a comment:

• Mike Sullivan
    replied
    Well, being that I did it bout 8 months ago, I don't know how much I can help. :) But I'll try.

1. Install memberlist hack to generate memberlist
    2. Change memberlist delimiter in import.php (and make sure you grab the username from the member's info - NOT the memberlist. "_"!= " ")
    3. Freeware stores all member info on 1 line, so you'll have to split the first line of the member file
    4. Rename the RunOnDate.threads to forumX.threads (or .thread -- I forget)
    5. You'll then have to change a lot of fields because they point to the wrong thing.

Keep in mind that my freeware barely resembled a freeware board so it was probably easier for me to import. Also, I did this with very little PHP knowledge, but I did have significant Perl (well, it _was_ significant :)) knowledge.

Leave a comment:

• pauliu
    replied
    Cannot wait... Actually nothing to do in X'mas :D

I am writing some conversion utilities by using very very old compiler Clipper 5. Now already transferred the Members List, but the threads are quite difficult to make it.

Paul

Leave a comment:

• werehere
    replied
    Hopefully Ed Sullivan will stop by and give you some hints. :)

Leave a comment:

• pauliu
    started a topic Best way to upgrade from UBB lite to VB

Best way to upgrade from UBB lite to VB

Hi,

I am using UBB lite (Free version) for our club. Today I decided to buy VB hope can provide better BB service to our members.

Unfortunately after I bought, I found that the data cannot be transferred from UBB lite to VB. This is my fault, I didn't read the articles here before purchase.

I know some geniuses here found the way to do it, but I could not found any detail or procedure in this forum. Could anybody give me some hints or links about the method?

Thanks!
    Paul
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X