Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Few Questions About VBLite...

Blessings and Peace:

1) I've redone the bbtitle.jpg, but when I upload the new one it won't show. Does VBLite block the changing of the bbtitle.jpg image?

2) VB touts that the look/feel of the pages are "totally" customizeable. Which of the php3 files do I edit, to change the "powered by" footer. (

3) I notice on the version of VB used by [url]http://www.flashkit.com[/url], there is a counter for how many "views" a post has received. I didn't see an option for that in VB Lite. Is that option not available?

4) If I want all the "location bars" in the browser windows to be closed (so that people don't know what domain/IP/server the pages are propagating from), how do I do that?

Thanks for all help.

In Service and Respect,
    Rafiki Cai

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by rcai [/i]
    [B]
    1) I've redone the bbtitle.jpg, but when I upload the new one it won't show. Does VBLite block the changing of the bbtitle.jpg image?

2) VB touts that the look/feel of the pages are "totally" customizeable. Which of the php3 files do I edit, to change the "powered by" footer. (

3) I notice on the version of VB used by [url]http://www.flashkit.com[/url], there is a counter for how many "views" a post has received. I didn't see an option for that in VB Lite. Is that option not available?

4) If I want all the "location bars" in the browser windows to be closed (so that people don't know what domain/IP/server the pages are propagating from), how do I do that?
    [/B][/QUOTE]

1> There is no block maybe you should clear out your temp internet files.

2> I dont think you are allowed to edit it!

3> That option can only be found in the full version but they may have added a hack to add that feature.

4> unsure (any pro like to answer this?)

Comment

[list=1][*]Make sure that you uploaded [b]bbtitle.jpg[/b] over (in the same directory as) the old one. The vB Lite directory structure is a little different than the full version, I think, but look on your server to see if you don't have two versions.[*]The full version of vB includes a template manager of sorts. If you want to customize the Lite version, you have to get in there and fool around with mySQL. This is experience that you really only gain by using the full version so that there would then be no need to customize the Lite version, if you follow my logic. :)[*]The Lite version is missing lots of features, hence "Lite" version. ;)[*]A JavaScript link will do it, but I post that hint only to raise the ire of other readers so that you can get the more straight forward answer. :D[/list]
      Peter E. Humphries

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X