privite forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• privite forum

How do i set up a privite forum just for modertors?

If you have not created any new [b]groups[/b], all you have to do is create the forum and mark it as [b]Private[/b] in the Control Panel. Then go to the [b]Forums[/b] Control Panel area and set the Moderators group to be allowed to use it (all the others will have been set to not be able to use it by selecting [b]Private[/b], earlier).

However, if you have created custom groups, the surest way that I have found is to just create a forum and then manually set the permissions for each group. I run an Intranet board with several custom groups for security and find that I frequently have to reconstruct my permissions because I have made a change somewhere else and blown away my settings. This could be RTFM Syndrome, though. ;)
    Peter E. Humphries

Comment

but wouldn't it lock them out of moderating the other fourms and me out of the control panel?

Comment

In the [b]Forums[/b] section, you are just setting the [b]User Group[/b] permissions on a per forum basis. Cruise around your Control Panel to see what I mean; I think that you are just misunderstanding the instructions, above (or I am not stating them clearly -- anyone else?).
        Peter E. Humphries

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X