Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chrispadfield
    replied
    i had these problems as well, also had it when i wanted to change a moderator to an admin, in the end as you say once you know who your moderators are going to be it is best to remove them all and then add them all at once in the add moderator panel (not in the category bit where you can only do 1 at a time).

Lucky that they are going to be working on this for the next verison. (i think they are anyway).

Leave a comment:

• werehere
    replied
    I believe it immediately took the mods away when you remove them, and that they are auto generated for you immediately when you put them back into the moderator columns, no matter what else you have them set as. That is why I dont think you want to do that, because it is my experience that it can create a mess that you will just have to revert back to the way it is, in the end anyway.

If anyone else has done this succesfully, then please post stating so, because I have not concentrated to much on getting around that "feature", but in my cases, it did not turn out successful. :)

Leave a comment:

• JP Stones
    replied

If I change the auto mods is it fixed by just putting them back as auto mods after ?

JP

Leave a comment:

• werehere
    replied
    I have had that happen before as well. What happened in my case is I would remove one of them and it would remove them from being a moderator. If I were to put them back in as a mod, then it would duplicate them again.

I believe what I ended up doing is removing every entry for the duplicated user, so remove the two or three auto generated listings for all of them that are duplicated. Then I re-added them as moderators, and I believe that solved that problem. Others here may have other ways which have worked as well, but that seemed to work for me.

Leave a comment:

• JP Stones
    replied
    Thanks will try that, however I also have some auto mods listed 3 times even though they only moderate 1 or 2 forums, can i delete all but one?

Leave a comment:

• werehere
    replied
    I personally would not recommend changing them. I cannot guarentee what will happen. I have done it with different results, but none were that good.

There is no real reason to change them that I can think of right off hand (other than making permissions simpler sometimes), so I would hold off on that if I were you.

Does this relate to your private forums?

If so, then change the registered usergroup to not be able to view a certain forum by using the add forum permissions under the modify forum user group. Then you will not have to change all the permissions for moderators and such. I hope that made sense. :)

Leave a comment:

• JP Stones
    started a topic auto generated

auto generated

Hi,
    What happens if I change the Auto Generated moderator stuff to just moderator?
    JP
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X