Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

about 25% of confirmation e-mails lost...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• about 25% of confirmation e-mails lost...

I use the option of confirmate the register by going to an URL that showes an email sending to the user. The probles is that about the 25% of these emails doesn't arrive... :(
    The version is 1.1.2.

this happens to me and it could be due to the user putting in an invalid email or something like this...

my made email errors i get back are

* user unknown - invalid account

* postfix error on the receiving server what ever that means - seems to be the case when the member uses a everyone.net account

* and some of the free email providers like chek.com

:: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by eva2000 [/i]
      [B]this happens to me and it could be due to the user putting in an invalid email or something like this...

my made email errors i get back are

* user unknown - invalid account

* postfix error on the receiving server what ever that means - seems to be the case when the member uses a everyone.net account

* and some of the free email providers like chek.com

[/B][/QUOTE]

No, those arent the problem, 'cause it happen to ussers with the same domain mail that users who it works fine... In adition, if i remove the user and he register him again sometimes works :(
      I think it is a bug of this version... :'(

Comment

maybe upgrading to 1.1.3 ? but i am not sure so wait for someone more qualified to help you :)
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

The same thing happens to me and Im running the latest version. And unfortunatly for me aol.com is one of the email addresses it isnt going to :(

Ive posted a few times here about it, but no one seems to know what is wrong.
          Jake Lawson
          Owner, Peterborough Web Design & Development: Total Internet Solutions

Comment

This may not be a solution, but ...

If you need to email your users, you can always generate a list of emails, and use your standard email program, however you wont beable to use the $username, $password and $email commands... but it is an option. *shrug*
            Bike Forums.net

Comment

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Jake [/i]
              [B]The same thing happens to me and Im running the latest version. And unfortunatly for me aol.com is one of the email addresses it isnt going to :(

Ive posted a few times here about it, but no one seems to know what is wrong. [/B][/QUOTE] yeah now you mention it i had aol.com problems as well.. but then it fixed itself... must be something at their end ?

Comment

Hmm... Ya, that could be the case. But I would think more people would have been posting about it if it was on AOL's end.
                Jake Lawson
                Owner, Peterborough Web Design & Development: Total Internet Solutions

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X