• Show
Clear All

• JP Stones
    replied
    one would hope so.... :(

Leave a comment:

• phumphries
    replied
    mySQL is a relational database so that it is possible that something happened to break a relationship and then you made some more posts, one of which fixed the relationship by putting in some new data over bad. That would explain "fixed itself" type behaviour. Hopefully, it does not happen, often. Since vB is running some huge boards, unless other folk are keeping quite (yeah, right!), I would say it looks like a rare thinng.

Leave a comment:

• JP Stones
    replied
    would you believe nothing......it just fixed itself.

Does this happen with mySQL a lot?

Leave a comment:

• phumphries
    replied
    Well... Share; what did you do to fix it?

Leave a comment:

• doron
    replied
    seems to work now

Leave a comment:

• phumphries
    replied
    As [b]rangersfan[/b] implied, the templates only use existing variables; they do not trigger function calls, themselves. If replacing your index.php file does not fix it, the only thing other than database/table corruption would be a previously unknown bug. Since [b]$moderators[/b] is not a new variable in this context, that is doubtful.

Leave a comment:

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    Nope - if you have never modified your files then you didn't cause it. Replace your index.php just to be safe though. If that doesn't work then perhaps your forumpermissions table has become corrupted.

Leave a comment:

• JP Stones
    replied
    thanks for that - I only ever touched the templates in VB, not any other files. Could I still have caused this error?
    JP

Leave a comment:

• phumphries
    replied
    The error is being generated in a routine called [b]fetch_array[/b] that is called to extract each row from a result returned by a query (hence the need for a query identifier). If you saved a backup (of course you did), restore the original version of each file you modified whilst trying to get the moderator hack running and make sure that your system was working, before. Then have a look in the files you modified for any code that calls [b]fetch_array[/b]; I would look for a simple error like misspelling the variable you are passing, but you may also have made an error in the line assigning the result variable, which would be calling the [b]query[/b] function, just before you use the [b]fetch_array[/b] function.

Leave a comment:

• JP Stones
    replied
    Thanks, I had it down to the moderators as well, but that is all I could get.

I don't think I modified that part of my code to be honest, where should I look? What files?

Thanks a lot, sorry I'm brash but I need a solution! :(
    JP

Leave a comment:

• phumphries
    replied
    It looks like you are calling fetch_array with an invalid argument. If you recently modified your code to do a special query for something, look there first. I notice that you are receiving 15 error messages and have 16 forums [b]and[/b] there is no result beside your [b]Forum Moderated by[/b] status line on each forum. Could be related.

Leave a comment:

• JP Stones
    started a topic serious problem!!

serious problem!!

Hi guys, Ihave a serious problem on my site
    [url]http://216.10.4.112/forums/index.php[/url] and I have no idea how to fix it, could anyone suggest anything?
    Thanks ever so much!
    JP