X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jimbo
    replied
    you're right

Ahh, that's what it is I bet. I'm not using the post icons with vB. I also eliminated some unecessary graphics. I apologize for not taking that into consideration...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• werehere
    replied
    I am right at 2GB a day as well, and you can drop the transfer down by ditching the icons, and limiting the graphics. I have replaced the icons and some other graphics a while ago for text links, and it did drop down.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    I was thinking it might stay level, too, but with the cleaner layout I was hoping for mebbe a slight decrease at least.

I already new that server strain and storage would be significantly reduced. I guess the hat trick is too much to hope for :)

Thanx for the answers. It will be interesting to see how this develops over time :)
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• wandrer
    replied
    doubt if it would change...

I doubt if bandwidth would change. bandwidth won't change unless less information is sent. Depending on how the templates are set up - that could drop bandwidth by a few bytes per pade displayed. Information/graphics/text is still being sent from computer to computer. Server processing, though, should be about 1/3rd compared to UBB or other perl forums.

Leave a comment:

• jimbo
    replied
    Yes

With UBB I was averaging about 70 or 80 MB per day; just checking my logs, it appears as if I am now averaging about 40 or 50 MB per day, and my traffic is higher now than it was before. I'm sure after a while a more accurate analysis can be given.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    started a topic Question for those running it live...

Question for those running it live...

Have you noticed an increase or decrease in bandwidth? or has it remained about level?

The reason I'm asking is that we're using about 2 gigs/day right now and I would *love* to know if this will affect that either way...
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X