Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Installations of vBulletin

Hello,

I am currently experiencing a problem with vbulletin. I have installed three copies of vbulletin on my website, each of which are related to different topics of interest. For some reason, because of the multiple installations, I am beginning to experience problems with the script. Whenever I attempt to go to any of the admin control panels and try to login, I keep getting forwarded back to the login form and I am not allowed to login. Does anyone know why this is happening, and if so, could you please explain the problem to me so that I may fix it? Thanks, David

First of all, unless you paid for three different liscenses, having three dif vBs installed is not legal.
    Assuming that you DID buy three dif liscenses, you are probably having problems with the cookies from the three boards getting mixed up. If that isn't it, then you must have messed up the admin when you created it and your login info is invalid. If you have installed all three boards in the same MySQL databse, then that is your problem, the user info is getting mixed up

Comment

I think that your cookies are probably getting confused, as I believe that vB uses just the domain to distinguish its cookies. Try actually logging out (you can do it from the main forum screen, bottom right, or $fiveicons if you enabled it, there, at the top right) before you change boards. This executes [i]clearcookies[/i] and should take care of it if it is a cookie problem.
      Peter E. Humphries

Comment

Actually, you can set the cookie path. Just set it to something unique for each board.

And as taker said, you MUST have 3 SEPARATE licenses.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X