Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Converting from UltraBoard?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Converting from UltraBoard?

    Is it possible to convert messages over from UltraBoard to vBulletin? It's not a big loss if I can't, I was just curious about it (I'm running UltraBoard 1.62 right now).

    Also (I doubt this is possible, but...) is there some way to transfer things over from EzBoards? I know someone who has a board there with some posts he'd like to keep, but he'd like to start using vBulletin (since I host his page anyway) when I get it setup. If it's not possible, then it doesn't really matter, I can always just repost the ones he wants to keep, but I was wondering if there was an easier way to do that.

    Thanks.

  • #2
    Not at the moment. I do not have any experience with UltraBoard. If I can find the time (sounds likely :) ), I will buy a copy and figure out how to import things. Do they store things in flat text files or databases?

    John
    John Percival

    Artificial intelligence usually beats real stupidity ;)

    Comment


    • #3
      They store the Posts in flat text files.
      Attached Files

      Comment


      • #4
        I can send you some files from the Database of the Ultraboard 1.62 if you want. (Memberaccounts, forumindex, post..)
        Then you have all information you need to make an import-skript.
        Attached Files

        Comment


        • #5
          Yes, please do send me the files, if it is not infringing any copyright. Is Ultraboard 1.62 the latest version?

          I may still buy UltraBoard anyway, just to check out what some of the fields mean, etc.

          John
          Attached Files
          John Percival

          Artificial intelligence usually beats real stupidity ;)

          Comment


          • #6
            UltraBoard 2000 is the latest...

            UB 1.62 is the latest freeware version, after that they went commercial (it was possible to grab a freeware version of UB2k at one point, but only for a short period of time).

            I believe, that out of the two, UB 1.62, though I have no real basis for comparison (just going on the fact it's been out a lot longer).

            I can send you 1.62 if you want (I don't think it'd infringe on any copyrights, since it's the free version of it).

            Comment


            • #7
              try [url]http://ubdownload.xrs.net/[/url] . Both versions of UltraBoard are unmodified and freeware. One is UB2000 personal edition(now discontinued by UB but is not in violation of copyright)it is the same as the standard. The other is 1.62
              Attached Files

              Comment


              • #8
                UBK MYSQL

                [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by John [/i]
                [B]Not at the moment. I do not have any experience with UltraBoard. If I can find the time (sounds likely :) ), I will buy a copy and figure out how to import things. Do they store things in flat text files or databases?

                John [/B][/QUOTE]

                They Now use the .db databse form and have just now released in beta a mysql version

                [Edited by bbyrd on 05-06-2000 at 09:42 PM]

                Comment


                • #9
                  Is there an import utility available to go from Ultra Board 1.62 to vB 1.1.2 yet? If there is it would be extremely useful!
                  Motorsport Forums

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    not sure about ultraboard but up until 18 days ago, i had been using ezboard for 10 months and now vbulletin... i just reposted the ezboard posts that were worth saving to an archive forum

                    [url]http://www.animeboards.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=15[/url]

                    still have around 200 - 400 more to archive/post there

                    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by manifesto [/i]
                    [B]Is it possible to convert messages over from UltraBoard to vBulletin? It's not a big loss if I can't, I was just curious about it (I'm running UltraBoard 1.62 right now).

                    Also (I doubt this is possible, but...) is there some way to transfer things over from EzBoards? I know someone who has a board there with some posts he'd like to keep, but he'd like to start using vBulletin (since I host his page anyway) when I get it setup. If it's not possible, then it doesn't really matter, I can always just repost the ones he wants to keep, but I was wondering if there was an easier way to do that.

                    Thanks. [/B][/QUOTE]
                    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Yeah that is an easy way of doing it, but I really need to maintain things like the poster name and the time and date of posting etc.etc.
                      Motorsport Forums

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        not sure if this will work for you, but all i did was highlight the text from poster name to the end and got all the dates, times, subject and even ip address of posters

                        i.e.

                        [url]http://www.animeboards.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=227[/url]
                        :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                        :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          ah yes I see what you have done here. It is a possible solution. However I am trying to persuade someone who is currently using an UltraBoard to use my forums instead and hes not going to be interested unless there is a perfect conversion routine - unforuntately.
                          Motorsport Forums

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I am hoping to include an importer for Ultraboard in the next version.

                            John
                            John Percival

                            Artificial intelligence usually beats real stupidity ;)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mark Hewitt [/i]
                              [B]ah yes I see what you have done here. It is a possible solution. However I am trying to persuade someone who is currently using an UltraBoard to use my forums instead and hes not going to be interested unless there is a perfect conversion routine - unforuntately.
                              [/B][/QUOTE] i see... ain't sharing great ... i also have arranged with anothe great anime site to share my board....

                              can't wait for you John to get the ultraboard conversion in place... i can think of another anime site with an ultraboard i can approach :D
                              :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                              :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                              :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X