Private forums .. this is bugging me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private forums .. this is bugging me!

I cant seem to figure out the right permissions to set to enable a forum to be private.

* From Forum Edit: I've set the forum permissions as
    Enabled - No
    Allow Posting / Editing - No

* From User Groups: I've set the permission for the Super moderators to be able to do anything they want on this forum.

Should I be doing it the other way around?

i.e. Enabled / Allow Posting = Yes and then go in and exclude everyone from the user group permission?

Would one of the moderators / vBulletin people be willing to take a look at the forum??

i just go into admin panel ->modify forum-> and select the check box yes which says make forum private

then if the forum is under a category which you also want to make the category invisible go to modify category and display order set it to 0

i didn't realise that and my members could see my private forum's category name and sort of gave away the suprise :(
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

If you mean hiding the forum from view, you want to make a normal, enabled forum, then go into the User Groups in Control Panel and set all the permissions for each User Group for that forum to "NO" except for the target user group that is supposed to see it (I set those to "YES" just to be sure).
      Peter E. Humphries

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X