Newbie identifier??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie identifier??

Does vb have a way of identifying a "first time post" message? Uhh…like mine?

I'm considering "The Switch." I've been using UBB for over 2 years and the perl thing isn't working as well anymore (35k page views/day) and I don't want/need a hosting service. A little feature like identifying a new member's first post would be a big deal on our board.

This is probably a hack question. But since I'm new to the program, I thought that I would start here.

One thing you could do without any hacking is make a user title that only encompasses a users first post (ie: minimum posts = 1)... Then, using HTML in the title field, put a graphic that identifies them as a newbie... Just remember to make it nice. ;)

That could be easily accomplished with no mods to the script. :)
    We're Here Forums!
    [email protected]

Comment

Webstyles the problem is that after the user posts a second post, that first post will no longer show the graphic as "userposts" will now be 2 and the special graphic will not show up. I think the easiest way to do this would be to add a field to "posts" such as "firstpost" and set it to 1 if it is and set it to 0 if it is not. Then read that field to decide whether or not to print the graphic.

Comment

yes.. i would like such feature too, as i make an effort to welcome every first time poster to my board.... i am managing so far but it's sort of getting out of hand now...
        :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
        :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X