Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I get rid of the slashes before apostrophe's and quotes in text and scripting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Sullivan
    replied
    You're actually running PHP4 then :)

Leave a comment:

• daviatt
    replied
    Discovered the correct script to turn off Magic Quotes

php_value magic_quotes_gpc 0

Leave a comment:

• Mike Sullivan
    replied
    You are sure you're actually using PHP 3, and not just php3 extensions right?

Leave a comment:

• daviatt
    replied
    Just tested again and I get an Internal Server Error

Just tested again and I get an Internal Server Error. What can I be doing wrong?

How can I turn off magic_quotes_gpc without the server error?

Leave a comment:

• How do I get rid of the slashes before apostrophe's and quotes in text and scripting?

Hello,
    When I place apostrophe's on my board I am automatically getting slashes inserted before them . . . . does anyone know what this is and how do I stop it?

Running the 1.1.6 version board on a Vserver on Host Pro.

Installation was fine but when it comes to altering the tables colors and dropping quote's etc. I am stumped . . . .

I get this error message when I change the table cell colors:

Parse error: parse error in ./global.php3 on line 0

and when I went back to the admin to try to fix it all the quotes had a slash before them like the example below:

<body bgcolor=\"#ffffff\" text=\"#000000\" id=all>

plus the background defalted to a weird green color . . . what would drop slashes into the php scripting? I can't get rid of the slashes in the admin.

Whay can I do? I was told to turn off magic_quotes_gpc by putting this in a .htaccess file in the forums:

php3_magic_quotes_gpc 0

but when I did this a got a server error so I had to remove it. I placed the .htaccess file into the forum main directory . . . . is that the correct place?

Any suggestions?

Daniel
    :confused: