X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael
    • Apr 2000

MySQL Error. Help please.

Hi,

On the forum I get this error message popping up from time to time, out of the blue.

Warning: Lost connection to MySQL server during query in admin/db_mysql.php on line 31

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database. Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Does anyone know what this could be. Line 31 is the MySQL connection code - and I have tried changing it from pconnect to just connect and I still get the error. Please shed some light on this matter.

The forum is at [url]http://www.free4all.com/forum/[/url] - click on a few links and it will eventually happen, or it might happen straigt away.

Michael Bray
  • Martin
    • Apr 2000
    • 3.5.x

I clicked around quite a bit and never got it.

either copy the contents of the e-mail here so we can se what the actual error is, or next time you get it, view source on the error page and paste *that* here.

we can't really tell anything from what you posted...
    Webmaster:
    @forumz

Comment

• werehere
      • Apr 2000

Yes I spent around 10 minutes trying to get an error and could not either :)
      We're Here Forums!
      [email protected]

Comment

• Michael
        • Apr 2000

Source.

I know you only want the part in the comment tags, but I'll post it all anyway :P

<b>Warning</b>: Lost connection to MySQL server during query in <b>admin/db_mysql.php</b> on line <b>31</b><br>

<!-- Database error in vBulletin: Link-ID == false, connect failed
        mysql error:
        mysql error number:
        Date: Friday 07th of July 2000 10:14:54 PM
        Script: /forum/forumdisplay.php?forumid=28
        Referer: [url]http://free4all.com/forum/index.php[/url]
        -->
        </td></tr></table>
        <p>There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
        Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.</p>An E-Mail has been dispatched to our <a href="mailto:">Technical Staff</a>, who you can also contact if the problem persists.</p><p>We apologise for any inconvenience.</p>

I got the error on the third click - and it isn't only when I got to forumdisplay. It can happen when you click on register or anywhere else. It has happened to heaps of people, we are getting complaints so I really need this fixed.
        Michael Bray

Comment

• Martin
          • Apr 2000
          • 3.5.x

hmmmmmmmmmm

if it was a "too many connections" error it should say that in the MySQL Error part. I guess it's still a possibility, though.

are you using a remote mysql server through a hosting company or do you have your own server?

If you have your own server, you might want to bump up your max connections in my.cnf and see if that helps.

If you're using a remote server, you need to get with your host and have them look at it and figure out why you can't connect.
          Webmaster:
          @forumz

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎