Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help: user titles disappeared

Hi,

I'm having the oddest occurance on my Bulletin Board: the title of users (member, junior member, etc) suddenly doesn't show up under their username in the posts. Not to all, but to many. There is no logic behind it - it's not related to one usergroup or another.

Any idea why this is happening and what to do? I did not change anything, by the way.

Thanks,

Bira

you can view any thread at my Bulletin Board: [url]http://www.atlasf1.com/bb/index.php[/url]

Seems like the "Use Custom Status" toggle might have been turned on, in which case, (I'm guessing here) no title would show up if none were entered.

Comment

Stalion I checked that and no, it's not turned on. Also, it wasn't happening to specific usergroups.

In any case, I'm running user update now in the maintenance area and while it's a damn slow process (and it's slowing the sql server down immensely, so I closed the BB temporarily) it seems to do its work well, and users are getting their titles back.

Thanks.

Comment

User Titles...

I had some of mine disappear once when I made an unrelated modification to one of the usegroups. I changed the ability of registered users to delete their own posts, and suddenly all of the registered users had no title. I'm not sure if it's related to your problem, but it was strange when it happened to me as well...

Comment

hey UserName, that is exactly what happened to me! I didn't even realize one had to do with the other - the titles disappeared after I made a change in the registered usergroup with regards to the delete posts/threads. Wow. Then that is certainly a bug, John should note that.

Comment

Noted.

John Percival

Artificial intelligence usually beats real stupidity ;)

Comment

Wow! So strange, the same thing just happened to me too. And running the user update is EXTREMELY slow.
              Jake Lawson
              Owner, Peterborough Web Design & Development: Total Internet Solutions

Comment

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Jake [/i]
                [B]And running the user update is EXTREMELY slow. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yep. Took me about an hour, during which time the whole BB became soooo slow, I simply ended closing it for the mean time.

Comment

Id still be doing it now if I continued it :) I think this is really strange that all of a sudden the same bug hit all of us.
                  Jake Lawson
                  Owner, Peterborough Web Design & Development: Total Internet Solutions

Comment

John,

Can you please tell me if by any chance this bug was fixed in the last version (beta 3)? It happened again today (exact same thing), so I upgraded from b2 to b3, and I'm wondering if I should expect it to happen again (in which case I'll make sure I do usergroup modifications on off-peak time)?

Thanks!

Bira

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X