user registration problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• user registration problem

I just installed vBulletin v1.1.6 on my site at [url]www.auroma.com/forums[/url]

However, whenever a new user tries to register, the same error message appears:
    The two passwords that you typed do not match. Please press the back button, correct the error and try again.

I made sure that the passwords were correctly typed each time. Any solutions? Thanks.

Make sure you have the default version of the registeradult template. You can get it from the Members' Area.

Comment

I cut and pasted the default registeradult template, and tried registering, but now I get a 404 error.

Comment

Oops - just realized the default version is for .php, not .php3.

With your favorite text editor, replace .php (dot php) with .php3 (dot php3) in the registeradult template I just told you to grab.

Comment

Is it because I am using PHP3 and this script is for PHP?? If so, what's my next steP?

Comment

I just changed the php extensions to php3, but I still get the same error as before:

"The two passwords that you typed do not match. Please press the back button, correct the error and try again."

Comment

Strange...

As at least a temporary fix, you can remove the check from member.php:
              [code] if ($password!=$passwordconfirm) {
              echo standarderror($bbtitle,gettemplate("error_passwordmismatch",0));

exit;
              }[/code]

Comment

I removed the code and users can now register, but this basically means that users can input anything for a password and they can use the forum. Anyone else see this problem before or have a solution? Thanks in advance.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X