upgrade error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgrade error

I have tried to do the upgrade for 1.1.5 to ver 2 and on the upgrade script i keep getting this error

Creating profile field definitions table

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database. Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

this is on step 8
    Help Please

hey shane [b]singloon/george[/b] here :)

View the source code of the error page and paste the error message here so we can determine the problem :D
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Database error in vBulletin Upgrade: Invalid SQL: CREATE TABLE profilefield (
      profilefieldid SMALLINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
      title CHAR(50) NOT NULL,
      description CHAR(250) NOT NULL,
      required SMALLINT NOT NULL,
      hidden SMALLINT NOT NULL,
      maxlength SMALLINT DEFAULT '250' NOT NULL,
      size SMALLINT DEFAULT '25' NOT NULL,
      displayorder SMALLINT NOT NULL,
      PRIMARY KEY(profilefieldid)
      )
      mysql error: Table 'profilefield' already exists
      mysql error number: 1050
      Date: Saturday 31st of March 2001 02:03:21 PM
      Script: /forum/admin/upgrade1.php?step=8
      Referer: [url]http://209.61.133.49/forum/admin/upgrade1.php?step=7[/url]

Comment

did you by any chance run upgrade1.php twice ?

i suggest you revert to a backup copy of your 1.1.5 forum and run upgrade1.php once

beta 4 is being released next week i believe.. so you may want to wait :)
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

reloaded back to 1.1.5 and still have the same problem all three times that i reverted and tried to do the upgrade

Comment

your error is because the upgrade1.php is trying to install a table named [b]profilefield[/b] but it already exits

i checked a very old 1.1.5 backup dump i made of my forum and there is no table named [b]profilefield[/b] in it, which means either you added a hack which created a table named profilefield in there or your backup of 1.1.5 was done after you run upgrade1.php for the first time ?

can't remember but did the avatar hack for 1.1.x add a table called [b]profilefield[/b] in there ?

Comment

Yes it did..
              So is there any fix for this or am i stuck with this version.

Comment

First make sure that you backup your database before you do anything. What hacks have you installed on your board? If it's only the avatar hack, I would check to see what other tables the hack creates. Once you find out this information, drop all the tables that the avatar hack created, (ie profilefield..)and you should be able to upgrade in no time.

Comment

My avatar hack doesn't create "profilefield" and I doubt any other hacks do either.

Comment

The only other hack was for PM

Comment

My PM hack doesn't create it either. Sounds like you didn't fully revert back to a 1.1.x database.

Comment

Shane maybe just output your current table structure by piping to a txt file the structure and posting a link to the text file here

mysqldump --opt -u user-p databasename -d > /path/to/tablestructure.txt
                        Last edited by George L; Mon 2 Apr '01, 6:43pm.

Comment

won't fit here so here is the link
                          [url]http://www.coolsurfin.com/table.txt[/url]

i completly deleted the database and recreated it before i tried to do the upgrade the database is 60 megs

Comment

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by coolsurfin [/i]
                            [B]won't fit here so here is the link
                            [url]http://www.coolsurfin.com/table.txt[/url]

i completly deleted the database and recreated it before i tried to do the upgrade the database is 60 megs [/B][/QUOTE] i'd wait for freddie or ed to look at that since they know the ins and out... but i couldn't find a profilefield table in that table structure anywhere ?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X