Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jacob
    replied
    WOW I have vB in my bookmark, I thought I entered a wrong site when I saw the forums after changes
    Great job .. a little bit slower

Leave a comment:

• werehere
    replied
    It is not just you, it did shrink, and I dont like that either. It is now so hard to type a new reply that it is just silly. I think the reply box should be much larger and ditch the CSS!!!

Leave a comment:

• Mike Sullivan
    replied
    Oh, almost forgot.

9. Can we make the icon/post time <tr> be the same color as the post? It's a little hard to tell who's icons do with who (especially to a newbie)

Leave a comment:

• Mike Sullivan
    replied
    Ok, I like the design overall, but here are my issues

1. The new smilies, well... SUCK. They fit with the scheme, but they're ugly
    2. I'm not going to paste the code snippet, but the <body> tag is actually above EVERYTHING (<head> and doctype included)
    3. Hover color is bad
    4. Can't we just use black text or something? It'll add contrast
    5. Can we ditch the CSS with the form backgrounds?
    6. Kinda related, but is it me, or did the reply window shrink? (width-wise)
    7. Table header background and text don't contrast enough
    8. Same problem with send to friend/print thread text.

I'll probably think of more later. Overall I like it, but there are some issues

Leave a comment:

• Username
    replied
    Wow.

I think it looks great. There are some color contrast and size issues that need to be worked out with the text to make it more readable, but overall it's a great improvement. Good work!

Leave a comment:

• TechTalk
    replied
    Overall not to bad....

The new post icons dfeinantly have to go.....to much orange....and the smilies.....well the old ones were better <--- I mean look at that, thats not the "official" biggrin Actually it does all look pretty good....I definantly like the new post / reply icons

~Chris

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    yeah i didn't realise but the hover link is YELLOW .. maybe a dark purple ?

also you could add more smilies into the default release versions - laughing smiley, bawling your eyes out smiley are at least needed

Leave a comment:

• TWTCommish
    replied
    I like the fact that it "fits" with the rest of the site (always bugged me before that it didn't)...I don't like the "colorless" icons with nothing other than orange...kind of dull in that sense. The text is always WAY too small...my mother has a monitor a bit smaller than some, and she basically can't read ANY of it.

In addition, the text and links don't quite stand out enough. And man, the hover color for the links is blinding and can't be read from.

Overall nice, just a few kinks I would definetly change.

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    Originally posted by rangersfan
    Actually Benj every page is slower but I did a traceroute to http://www.vbulletin.com and it looked BAD so I will without further judgement until that cleans up.
    yeah my forums hosted on rackspace.com are also slow...must be internet problem ?

i also agree that the yellow smilies should go by default

Leave a comment:

• werehere
    replied
    I love it, but I absolutely hate the use of css in the new post and new reply forms. I would definetly get hate mail going if I used that on my forums

Great designer style going on here. Will this be the default style with the package now?

Leave a comment:

• WebStyles
    replied
    I said it in the Site Feedback forum, but I wanted to say it here too... The new look is fabulous! I really dig it... the orange is a great contrast with the purple.

Leave a comment:

• Sal Collaziano
    replied
    The New Design

The "New Thread" and "Post Reply" images don't seem to match right. And I don't like the new post icons - especially with the square grey box around the radio buttons (used to be only a netscrape problem)..

But overall I do like this new design. It looks different.

Oh, goodness. Get rid of those orangy post icons!

Leave a comment:

• Sharg
    replied
    Sure, it seems there is an internet problem, but. still, now the thread must be fully downloaded before its displayed... when the thread was displayed message by message on the previous design. This gives another slow impression.

But of course, I really love the new design which looks proffesional.

Benj

Leave a comment:

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    It is clear now and everything is going fast so I have no problems with speed.

I do have problems (or not?) with this thread

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...4&pagenumber=2

Since showthread is now in a table, usage of the [ code ] tag extends the whole thread along with the offending post.

[Edited by rangersfan on 09-01-2000 at 02:00 PM]

Leave a comment:

• Brian
    replied
    Looks great and was fast for me..

-Brian

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X