Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWTCommish
    replied
    I'm confused...do I say "yes" or "no" to that question during the upgrade process?

Leave a comment:

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    When it is time to upgrade you will be told "this template has changed, do you want to update it?"

Well since every template has now changed, I suppose you will be asked that for every template. If you say "No" then you will have to compare the HTML in each template and make any important changes yourself.

Leave a comment:

• Sharg
    replied
    Sure, I've spent countless hours to translate all the templates in another language, no way I will upgrade if I have to crush my current templates.

Benj

Leave a comment:

• TWTCommish
    replied
    I'm pretty sure upgrades don't mess with the templates...at least I hope not! If that were the case I might decide not to upgrade!

I like the fact that the layout matches the site...I think more boards should have it this way.

Leave a comment:

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    Menno were you the one behind the "orange-ization" of the smilies? Confess man.

Leave a comment:

• bira
    replied
    Sorry, I really don't like it. It's too heavy and busy to the eye. Maybe I just need to get used to it, dunno.

Since design, however, is largely a matter of taste, I will only point at one or two things that I think go beyond text:
    [*] As others have said, the forms background and text is horrendous - as I am writing this, I need a magnifying glass to see what I'm doing!
    [*] The smilies are awful - sorry. They're supposed to animate the text but instead are now just yellow\orange spurt of color. Way phlegmatic.
    [*] Not sure if it's on purpose or a cache problem, but on some pages the old "new thread" "new reply" images are loaded instead of the new ones.

One question, though, which troubles me not just with regards to the new design: when the new vB version will be released, will it overwrite everything that I've already done on my BB? I'd hate to think that I would need to redo everything, design-wise in particular, from scratch. And not that my BB looks better or anything, it's just that it looks more within the styleguide of my entire site.

Thanks,

Bira

p.s.

Glad to see you adopted the minute change I've had for the poweredby/copyright line at the bottom

Leave a comment:

• JimF
    replied
    IIIIttttt'ssss waaay ttttto ssssslllooowwww

-jim

Leave a comment:

• Parker Clack
    replied
    The reply box and text are way too small. The same is true for the next post areas and the edit box and text.

Also having the pull down menu for the topic jumps and the default number of threads pull down menu just at the bottom of the page is a problem. It should be at the top too.

The text for the pull down menus are way too small.

Parker

Leave a comment:

• Mike Sullivan
    replied
    BTW - you might want to update http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/print...?threadid=2870 the logo looks a BIT weird in there..
    Can't we just ditch the logo from that page PERIOD?!? When printing a thread, the objective is to avoid as many images (ie, layout) as possible. There's no real need for that IMHO.

(And don't say templates - I know. I've removed it from one of my forums, I just don't see the point of it being there by default. And it's not a "main" template, so many people may skip it.)

(Sorry, a little OT)

[Edited by Ed Sullivan on 09-01-2000 at 09:19 PM]

Leave a comment:

• mkaufman
    replied
    BTW - you might want to update http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/print...?threadid=2870 the logo looks a BIT weird in there..

I would also update the pages a bit more when you post a reply and/or a new topic.

Everything else looks great!

Leave a comment:

• mkaufman
    replied
    Nice!!!

We just got vBulletin for our site and I am installing it right now I love it so far

Awesome new design - I really like it, large improvement over the last one...

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    Originally posted by Ed Sullivan
    LOL, yeah - the official vB boards are almost violating the licensing agreement!
    hehe :lol: yes they are

Leave a comment:

• Mike Sullivan
    replied
    LOL, yeah - the official vB boards are almost violating the licensing agreement!

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    not sure if anyone's mentioned it but the forum rules and admin option/copyright font colour needs changing... it blends into the background right now

Leave a comment:

• TWTCommish
    replied
    Yeah...big change.

I wish all sites would implement more design into their VBs...or at least the ones that have a design that permits plenty of horizontal space for the script.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X