No announcement yet.

New Design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I said it in the Site Feedback forum, but I wanted to say it here too... The new look is fabulous! I really dig it... the orange is a great contrast with the purple.
    We're Here Forums!
    [email protected]

Comment

I love it, but I absolutely hate the use of css in the new post and new reply forms. I would definetly get hate mail going if I used that on my forums

Great designer style going on here. Will this be the default style with the package now?
      We're Here Forums!
      [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by rangersfan
        Actually Benj every page is slower but I did a traceroute to http://www.vbulletin.com and it looked BAD so I will without further judgement until that cleans up.
        yeah my forums hosted on rackspace.com are also slow...must be internet problem ?

i also agree that the yellow smilies should go by default
        :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
        :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

I like the fact that it "fits" with the rest of the site (always bugged me before that it didn't)...I don't like the "colorless" icons with nothing other than orange...kind of dull in that sense. The text is always WAY too small...my mother has a monitor a bit smaller than some, and she basically can't read ANY of it.

In addition, the text and links don't quite stand out enough. And man, the hover color for the links is blinding and can't be read from.

Overall nice, just a few kinks I would definetly change.
          Movie Forums - Now With 28% More Bruce Willis

Comment

yeah i didn't realise but the hover link is YELLOW .. maybe a dark purple ?

also you could add more smilies into the default release versions - laughing smiley, bawling your eyes out smiley are at least needed

:: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Overall not to bad....

The new post icons dfeinantly have to go.....to much orange....and the smilies.....well the old ones were better <--- I mean look at that, thats not the "official" biggrin Actually it does all look pretty good....I definantly like the new post / reply icons

~Chris

Comment

Wow.

I think it looks great. There are some color contrast and size issues that need to be worked out with the text to make it more readable, but overall it's a great improvement. Good work!

Comment

Ok, I like the design overall, but here are my issues

1. The new smilies, well... SUCK. They fit with the scheme, but they're ugly
                  2. I'm not going to paste the code snippet, but the <body> tag is actually above EVERYTHING (<head> and doctype included)
                  3. Hover color is bad
                  4. Can't we just use black text or something? It'll add contrast
                  5. Can we ditch the CSS with the form backgrounds?
                  6. Kinda related, but is it me, or did the reply window shrink? (width-wise)
                  7. Table header background and text don't contrast enough
                  8. Same problem with send to friend/print thread text.

I'll probably think of more later. Overall I like it, but there are some issues

Comment

Oh, almost forgot.

9. Can we make the icon/post time <tr> be the same color as the post? It's a little hard to tell who's icons do with who (especially to a newbie)

Comment

It is not just you, it did shrink, and I dont like that either. It is now so hard to type a new reply that it is just silly. I think the reply box should be much larger and ditch the CSS!!!
                      We're Here Forums!
                      [email protected]

Comment

WOW I have vB in my bookmark, I thought I entered a wrong site when I saw the forums after changes
                        Great job .. a little bit slower

Comment

Yeah...big change.

I wish all sites would implement more design into their VBs...or at least the ones that have a design that permits plenty of horizontal space for the script.
                          Movie Forums - Now With 28% More Bruce Willis

Comment

not sure if anyone's mentioned it but the forum rules and admin option/copyright font colour needs changing... it blends into the background right now

Comment

LOL, yeah - the official vB boards are almost violating the licensing agreement!

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Sullivan
                                LOL, yeah - the official vB boards are almost violating the licensing agreement!
                                hehe :lol: yes they are

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X