X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TechTalk
    replied
    Originally posted by James
    At the moment we are running a little behind schedule, so the 5 weeks John mentioned at the start of the thread is a little optimistic.
    Infopop? Is that you? Are you sure your not infopop running under a new name?

Ok ok, so that was a bit mean.....but you are kinda starting to sound like em

~Chris

Leave a comment:

• James
    replied
    Chris,

I do appreciate your concerns. At the moment we are running a little behind schedule, so the 5 weeks John mentioned at the start of the thread is a little optimistic. I may post an updated timescale in the next few days after I have consulted with John.

As for posting a list of current features, I'm afraid we're not prepared to do this - we'd much rather keep the evolution of the product within the company for the time being, suffice to say that many of the features that have been requested in these forums will be implemented.

All the best,

James

Leave a comment:

• chrispadfield
    replied
    Without being silly, on the announcement you said the board was going to be delayed for 5 weeks which is 2 weeks from now. How much more can there be to add if there are only 2 weeks to go? 1.20 is a little worrying.

If it is going to take longer then that is ok, i just think people are much more interested in:

1) A realistic ETA instead of ones that just slip
    2) A list of all the features that have been added so far (it is not as if you are going to take them away).

I hope you don't consider this "rude" but John did say at the start of this thread:

We will try to keep you in the loop as the next version develops, as we feel that it is important to keep in touch with the community here as much as possible.
    and this has certainly not been the case in any way i can see

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Sharg
    replied
    Can I help you with the beta test ? I'm very good at finding bugs.

Benj

Leave a comment:

• James
    replied
    Version Number

The version number is a work-in-progress By the time we have implemented all features planned for the new update, it may have jumped to 2.0.0!

All the best,

James

Leave a comment:

• TechTalk
    replied
    Hmm 1.2.0 .....that does sound kinda fishy! Your not gonna let us down are you John?

~Chris

Leave a comment:

• Sharg
    replied
    1.2 ? Oh, I thought it was worth a 2.0

Benj

Leave a comment:

• James
    replied
    Chris,

Rest assured that development of vBulletin 1.2.0 is proceeding steadily, but at the moment we are not going to commit to any release date.

There are plenty of new features that are in development or in final beta testing, but at present we're keeping the exact nature of the new features within the company.

All the best,

James

Leave a comment:

• chrispadfield
    replied
    Can't we have some status report of where you are going/getting with the script. There is 2 weeks left until you suggested beta testers would get a copy, there must be lots of confirmed new features by now arn't there?

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Menno
    replied
    Translation isn't really hard with templates

Leave a comment:

• CCollinz
    replied
    OK i will hope that you will release a german version, because im tired to use the german UBB.

Thanx.

Leave a comment:

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    John you can dissapoint me, but did you get in custom profile fields? It is killing me not to be able to put in my own profile fields so that I can then write other hacks to feed off the results of these fields. I could of course put the fields in myself but then I greatly enhance my upgrade difficulties by doing that.

i.e. I want a birthday field so I can write a calender hack that will display birthdays for the month. I need a state/country field so that I can make a hack that will list users according to their state/country for those who want to find others near them. etc etc...

Leave a comment:

• Intec
    replied
    Hey John - the biggest question. Has you a release day for us!

Leave a comment:

• Craig A
    replied
    Thanks John - you're a star!!

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    Originally posted by John
    I keep an eye on the hacks forum for potential hacks to include in this next version though.

John
    i can't wait... some of these hacks are extremely useful i.e. the jump to last post and last new unread post blue arrows in search result display

=> http://animeboards.net/forums/search...h&searchdate=1

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X