X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• doron
    replied
    Perhaps the template overhaul means a change to the template system. Searching them, multi-language support, extended find and replace?

Leave a comment:

• Menno
    replied
    I suppose some small changes made to your present templates will be necesarry, but I'm sure they'll be listed.

Leave a comment:

• shri
    replied
    A request that you may want to consider.

PLEASE include the photoshop or editable versions of the buttons and non-logoed graphics. This would really help some of us who might want to change a few colors at the source, rather than edit gif / jpg files.

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    whoops... checked it out and all i needed to do is add a forum permission to the mod that i want to remove private forum viewing privileges

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    Originally posted by Susan
    Eva, you can do that now. It's kinda convoluted how you go about it, but basically, you create the forum and then exclude those mods you DON'T want to be able to view it using the usergroups forum permissions. I forget exactly how I did it, but I set it up so that Kathy and I and a few other mods can see the "admin" forum, but noone else could--not even some of our mods.
    oh yeah forgot about that heh ... but the only problem is you would have to put those other mods in a group of their own apart from the mods with viewing privileges..

Leave a comment:

• Susan
    replied
    Eva, you can do that now. It's kinda convoluted how you go about it, but basically, you create the forum and then exclude those mods you DON'T want to be able to view it using the usergroups forum permissions. I forget exactly how I did it, but I set it up so that Kathy and I and a few other mods can see the "admin" forum, but noone else could--not even some of our mods.

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    Originally posted by James
    Saying that, I can confirm that several of the features that have been most asked for will be implemented - for example: private messaging and polls. We are also planning a revamp of the templates system and usergroups (improved support for moderators).

James
    i'm happy... the 2 major features i have been wanting are going to be in the next release ... i think it's the only 2 hacks i haven't added lol

will the next release be able to allow the admin (me) to choose which moderators can view which private forums ? i'd like to be able to say this mod can view this private forum #1 and this other mod can only view private forum #2

Leave a comment:

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    I'm afraid not since I see mention of "template system overhaul". Between that and "usergroup rewrite" we may have to re-do our templates and re-vise our hacks. If the board works better for the changes then I'm all for them though.

Leave a comment:

• Shoe
    replied
    Will the new version be easy to integrate with our present styles?

Leave a comment:

• chrispadfield
    replied
    Thank you, that is far more helpfull.

Of course don't tell us about brand new features i think what people would like is a check list of the mods that have been made/suggested in the hacking forum though. Perhaps this is what you mean when you say you will talk to John. That would be great.

I still have every faith in you, have loved vBulletin and have only been using it for 3 weeks but please do keep us informed.

Thanks

Chris

Leave a comment:

• The_Net_Muppet
    replied
    Hi James,

It is good to find a company who actually LISTEN to what their customers want installed

I want all them goodies you have just talked about, I do hope the user image hack will be installed. I have asked UBB for this for over a year now.

Keep up the good work.

Leave a comment:

• James
    replied
    rangersfan,

We are withholding information about forthcoming features for the simple reason that we don't want other bulletin board developers implementing them. When the next version is released, we would like vBulletin to have 3 or 4 more "killer" features that no-other products have. That's the reason why I am reluctant to provide further details at this time.

Saying that, I can confirm that several of the features that have been most asked for will be implemented - for example: private messaging and polls. We are also planning a revamp of the templates system and usergroups (improved support for moderators).

Rest assured that the update *will* be worth waiting for. I will be in touch with John to get an updated schedule posted in the next day on two.

All the best,

James

Leave a comment:

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    This thread may disentegrate quickly but I don't see any reason to withhold upcoming features unless they are going to be much less than what has been discussed. (infopop?). If it going to not be much of an update at all, just tell us now!

Leave a comment:

• chrispadfield
    replied
    Yeah, this is bad! I purchased on the understanding that the update would be avaliable reasonalby soon as it seemed that the 5 weeks was already a slip back. I have to decide if it is worth customizing the code and templates now or waiting for this update and the "sorry, it slipped again, we don't know what is going to be in the code" dosen't help much.

Oh well.

Leave a comment:

• Sharg
    replied
    Infopop ? I would have quoted this one:

As for posting a list of current features, I'm afraid we're not prepared to do this - we'd much rather keep the evolution of the product within the company for the time being
    Benj

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X