X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chrispadfield
    replied
    Yes because they would be in the mySQL database. Legalities, i guess depends upon what you put in your terms and conditions and privacy policy.

Leave a comment:

• Shoe
    replied
    Re: PM

Would the administrator be able to read private messages. What are the legalities here?

Leave a comment:

• Shoe
    replied
    Originally posted by Craig Antill
    Er, duh! Read the above...
    Yeah, I read the description of co-branding above but didn't really understand it. Is there an example of it somewhere?

Leave a comment:

• chrispadfield
    replied
    Started a new thread called Category Setup in suggestions... lots of ideas i think worth discussing but here i guess is not the best place

Leave a comment:

• Menno
    replied
    hmm. sort of like a windows folder display
    that would be cool

Leave a comment:

• Sharg
    replied
    It would be cool if we could choose which level depth to display on our frontpage.

For example:
    I would like only to display category, and first sub... but have the other ones "openable"...

Benj

Leave a comment:

• chrispadfield
    replied
    The user groups is being updated so it will probably be more flexible. Creating a sub category would require access to the control panel however so that would also have to be changed. Personally i don't like the ideas of moderators being able to make subcategories however a new "semi-admin" which can create subcategories and perhaps email users but not delete categories.

I hope that we can make different people with different access to the control panel like

1) Access to templates, Y/N (maybe even split the templates)
    2) Can Email Users
    3) Can update Counters
    4) Can Add Categories
    5) Can add Announcements
    6) Can add Forums

etc....

this would also solve some things lke allowing moderators to add annoucements and things like that.

This should really go in the suggestions forum, sorry.

Leave a comment:

• Aquamarine
    replied
    About the Sub categories (to an unlimited depth), will it allow for moderators in each sub-category as well? I hope it will.

And if it does, would there be a depth limit to each of them?

Hypothetical example:

Code:
    Pets
      Dogs
        Chihuahua
          Care
            Nutrition
            Hygene
            Health
          Breeding
          Buying and Selling
            What to look for
            Certificates
            Sell a dog
            Buy a dog
        German Shephard
          Care
            Nutrition
            Hygene
            Health
          Breeding
          Buying and Selling
            What to look for
            Certificates
            Sell a dog
            Buy a dog
    Suppose a moderator "Jason" exists in Pets > Dogs > Chihuahua. Will he be able to create more sub-categories? Or will only the super admin be able to do that?

Or will the super admin be able to set the "depth" an individual moderator can go?
    Example:
    Moderator "Jason"s depth level = 3

That means "Jason" can create a new sub-category:
    Chihuahua (depth 0) > Care > Nutition > Vitamins
    or
    Chihuahua (depth 0) > Care > Living Space

But can't create:
    Chihuahua (depth 0) > Care > Nutition > Vitamins > Hormones

John, I'd personally like this last idea. What do you think?

Leave a comment:

• Craig A
    replied
    Er, duh! Read the above...

Leave a comment:

• Shoe
    replied
    Originally posted by John
    Apologies for the lack of response. Co-branding will be in the next version. Apart from that, I would rather not say so as not to disappoint anyone if a feature has to be left out for whatever reason. I keep an eye on the hacks forum for potential hacks to include in this next version though.

John
    Er sorry--but what is co-branding?

Leave a comment:

• chrispadfield
    replied
    good plan, that would solve it. I think i will go for that option if they do do the affiliate?=x option. Thanks for the suggestion.

Leave a comment:

• Jake
    replied
    You could manually setup a subfolder, put index.shtml in it, and use an SSI call to index.php?affiliate=01.

Leave a comment:

• chrispadfield
    replied
    Really, would it not be easy enough to change the cookie code to do that? I know that cookies only work on the domain that they are set up on, can they be used on multiple subdomains or will a cookie set on http://www.sub.domain.com now work on sub2.domain.com ? sorry i guess i should look that up myself..

If you can't i would much prefere the /folder/ option - it would only require a little more space to replicate copyies of showthread etc files there. I assume it will not be done this way however but hope it will be possbile to change it so that it is. I know if i was going to use someone elses board on my site i would be so much happier to link to http://www.domain.com/mysitename than http://www.domain.com/forums/index.php?site=mysitename - it is still just linking to "our site" but the first option makes it look like it is still more part of my site. Anyone who sees the index.php?= rubbish is going to have 2nd thoughts i would think.

Well, just ideas.

Leave a comment:

• Craig A
    replied
    Originally posted by chrispadfield
    Well, on that ?affiliate=1 problems are:

1) The site that uses the link will not see it as their own part of their site but more as an affilaite i would think.

Better then would be

http://www.domain.com/directory/index.php
    No - that has the same problem in that the cookies will not work. Unless, of course, the cookie setup is revised.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Sullivan
    replied
    Hotmail style mailing... hmm... must... beat... John... with... that... one... I posted about it a while ago and talked to John about it and we were basically in agreement with the methodology.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X