This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chris,

Rest assured that development of vBulletin 1.2.0 is proceeding steadily, but at the moment we are not going to commit to any release date.

There are plenty of new features that are in development or in final beta testing, but at present we're keeping the exact nature of the new features within the company.

All the best,

James
    James Limm

Comment

1.2 ? Oh, I thought it was worth a 2.0

Benj

Comment

Hmm 1.2.0 .....that does sound kinda fishy! Your not gonna let us down are you John?

~Chris

Comment

Version Number

The version number is a work-in-progress By the time we have implemented all features planned for the new update, it may have jumped to 2.0.0!

All the best,

James
          James Limm

Comment

Can I help you with the beta test ? I'm very good at finding bugs.

Benj

Comment

Without being silly, on the announcement you said the board was going to be delayed for 5 weeks which is 2 weeks from now. How much more can there be to add if there are only 2 weeks to go? 1.20 is a little worrying.

If it is going to take longer then that is ok, i just think people are much more interested in:

1) A realistic ETA instead of ones that just slip
              2) A list of all the features that have been added so far (it is not as if you are going to take them away).

I hope you don't consider this "rude" but John did say at the start of this thread:

We will try to keep you in the loop as the next version develops, as we feel that it is important to keep in touch with the community here as much as possible.
              and this has certainly not been the case in any way i can see

Thanks.
              Christopher Padfield
              Web Based Helpdesk
              DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

Chris,

I do appreciate your concerns. At the moment we are running a little behind schedule, so the 5 weeks John mentioned at the start of the thread is a little optimistic. I may post an updated timescale in the next few days after I have consulted with John.

As for posting a list of current features, I'm afraid we're not prepared to do this - we'd much rather keep the evolution of the product within the company for the time being, suffice to say that many of the features that have been requested in these forums will be implemented.

All the best,

James
                James Limm

Comment

Originally posted by James
                  At the moment we are running a little behind schedule, so the 5 weeks John mentioned at the start of the thread is a little optimistic.
                  Infopop? Is that you? Are you sure your not infopop running under a new name?

Ok ok, so that was a bit mean.....but you are kinda starting to sound like em

~Chris

Comment

Infopop ? I would have quoted this one:

As for posting a list of current features, I'm afraid we're not prepared to do this - we'd much rather keep the evolution of the product within the company for the time being
                    Benj

Comment

Yeah, this is bad! I purchased on the understanding that the update would be avaliable reasonalby soon as it seemed that the 5 weeks was already a slip back. I have to decide if it is worth customizing the code and templates now or waiting for this update and the "sorry, it slipped again, we don't know what is going to be in the code" dosen't help much.

Oh well.
                      Christopher Padfield
                      Web Based Helpdesk

Comment

This thread may disentegrate quickly but I don't see any reason to withhold upcoming features unless they are going to be much less than what has been discussed. (infopop?). If it going to not be much of an update at all, just tell us now!

Comment

rangersfan,

We are withholding information about forthcoming features for the simple reason that we don't want other bulletin board developers implementing them. When the next version is released, we would like vBulletin to have 3 or 4 more "killer" features that no-other products have. That's the reason why I am reluctant to provide further details at this time.

Saying that, I can confirm that several of the features that have been most asked for will be implemented - for example: private messaging and polls. We are also planning a revamp of the templates system and usergroups (improved support for moderators).

Rest assured that the update *will* be worth waiting for. I will be in touch with John to get an updated schedule posted in the next day on two.

All the best,

James
                          James Limm

Comment

Hi James,

It is good to find a company who actually LISTEN to what their customers want installed

I want all them goodies you have just talked about, I do hope the user image hack will be installed. I have asked UBB for this for over a year now.

Keep up the good work.

Comment

Thank you, that is far more helpfull.

Of course don't tell us about brand new features i think what people would like is a check list of the mods that have been made/suggested in the hacking forum though. Perhaps this is what you mean when you say you will talk to John. That would be great.

I still have every faith in you, have loved vBulletin and have only been using it for 3 weeks but please do keep us informed.

Thanks

Chris
                              Christopher Padfield
                              Web Based Helpdesk

Comment

Will the new version be easy to integrate with our present styles?
                                "The best time to sleep is just before waking up."

--Shoebuddy Jones

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X