• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George L
    replied
    Originally posted by Menno
    yeah, your sig looks more like a link index
    LOL i cut it down my 3 lines already ... just sooo many people are emailing me asking how i did such and such on my forums.... makes it easier when you already get 300 - 700 emails /day to read

Leave a comment:

• Menno
    replied
    yeah, your sig looks more like a link index

Leave a comment:

• John Harrison
    replied
    hey eva2000

You are beyond a joke with that sig!

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    yep i have been recommending vB to everyone and anyone that asks

Leave a comment:

• John Harrison
    replied
    I will just say:
    Kwel

Leave a comment:

• Roe Aquemini
    replied
    !

If I say it is the longest post ever....it IS the longest post ever!

Anyways, I have just convinced a BIG company to use the VB, I think I deserve something. Atleast I thanks, I can't tell you who it is yet though. They are still testing things out, but they are one of the largest Internet Entertainment companies out there.

Leave a comment:

• thetakerfan
    replied
    actually, this isn't the longest post ever...
    anyway, you should post something in the server config forum, I'm sure someone there (Chris S most likely) can help you out

Leave a comment:

• Roe Aquemini
    replied
    HI!

I have nothing big to say, I just wanted to participate in the longest Thread ever!

Wait.....actually, could you make it so that the VB doesn't put such a HEAVY load on servers, I had to shutdown my VB because my hosting was getting too expensive.

Leave a comment:

• JohnM
    replied
    Look at this:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forums/show...hp?threadid=20

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by hungrymonkey
    in the very post thread , john mentioned possible support with alternative databases..has this been dropped entirely then? or has it just been postponed? it's not a big deal, i just would prefer to be able to run a single database system rather then 2, as i prefer using ms sql for my own databases.
    This shouldn't be hard to change on your own. PHP4 supports SQL Server natively. All you have to do is change all the mysql calls to the appropriate SQL Server calls. Since there are no stored procedures, subselects or other advanced features in MySQL you won't have to change much, if anything, on the database side

Leave a comment:

• russellwarshay
    replied
    What about LDAP integration?

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    Originally posted by James
    Hi Chris,

Oops - yes, you are quite correct... some new variables will need to be added to existing templates manually.

I was trying to address the concern that the upgrade utility will forcefully overwrite templates without admin approval - which of course will not be the case

All the best,

James
    this is good news ... i am gonna be moving server and maybe remove all my hacks so as to make the upgrade easier... already started removing some of them already due to forum problems

Leave a comment:

• hungrymonkey
    replied
    in the very post thread , john mentioned possible support with alternative databases..has this been dropped entirely then? or has it just been postponed? it's not a big deal, i just would prefer to be able to run a single database system rather then 2, as i prefer using ms sql for my own databases.

Leave a comment:

• chrispadfield
    replied
    Thank you James.

On this, do you know how big the templates change is going to be. I think i heard somewhere that they was going to be quite a big change to them? Is this the case? The reason i am asking is that i am currently making my templates now but will not get work that much of them if there are going to be significant changes and i need to start again.

In the end what i am asking is, is it going to be easy enough to add the extra bits in manually or do you think we will be best to start again?

Leave a comment:

• James
    replied
    Hi Chris,

Oops - yes, you are quite correct... some new variables will need to be added to existing templates manually.

I was trying to address the concern that the upgrade utility will forcefully overwrite templates without admin approval - which of course will not be the case

All the best,

James

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X