This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John,
    Can you give us any clue as to the general functions the new version is going to efferct?
    We are in the process of contemplating/beginning some hacks and it would be useful to know if we're going to hack something which is going to be drastically changed in the near future. Two that come to mind are User Groups and Permissions and Multiple Templates.
    Thanks

Comment

Welcome back John - you've been missed

A couple of quickies:

1/ Are you going to release a final 1.1.3 due to the delay in releasing 1.2.0 ?

2/ Will 1.2.0 feature the co-branding feature as promised at http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...hp?threadid=51 ? This is really of interest to me right now as we allow several other sites to use our forums as there own - i'd like to be able to let them link to a forum in their own site style...

Stick around this time bloke!

Comment

On the co-branding, i am new here so hope i am not talking rubbish but i seen someone who looks like they have done what you are talking about but not sure.

Anyway check out this site http://www.motorsportforums.com/ i think it does what you want not sure how though :-)
        Christopher Padfield
        Web Based Helpdesk
        DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

Yep - that's the beastie.

Surprisingly, given that Mark and myself are not competing for the same audience or anything (), he is not prepared to tell me how. As I said to him though, no problem, it's coming soon to the standard package - hopefully. If John could confirm this, I could then decide if I need to commission someone to undertake this as a hack or not...

Comment

Originally posted by John
            That is on my to do list for the next version.
            Along with ... oh no I won't go into the polls, attachments, cobranding, user graphics, and other things that I plan to put in the next version... Ooops. I just did

Although we are planning some minor updates between now and the summer, this next major version will not be available until August.

John
            http://vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=2

~Chris

Comment

Woohoo! If the co-branding is in there at the next release, i'll be a happy man

Comment

Just wondering if the next release is still on for August as the month draws to an end and if not, any ideas when? Thanks :-)
                Christopher Padfield
                Web Based Helpdesk

Comment

Read John's post above...

Comment

oops. sorry my mistake. I thought the post was from April but then was when John registered.. I guess we have a few weeks to wait, oh well.
                    Christopher Padfield
                    Web Based Helpdesk

Comment

It's always the same, you come up with a good idea and you never have full market share for very long. oh well.....
                      Motorsport Forums

Comment

Can anyone please confirm whether or not co-branding will be part of the next release ? I have mentioned it a couple of our partner sites and they are emailing me on an almost daily basis asking if it's a goer yet! I do hope that you're not going to let me down now!! Either way, a yes or no would be appreciated.

Comment

I would be more than happy to accept them as partner sites
                          Motorsport Forums

Comment

Mark, do you want me to test if the swear filter is operational in here ?

OK, **** off! In any case, they are happy sticking with an established forum with a reat atmosphere and lots of interesting discussion. So there

If John is not adding this to the release, i'll have to pay someone to do it for me - interested ? Seeing as i'll be commissioning someone to do it anyway, you may as well tell me how much you'd want for your version...

Comment

Mark, it is fine that you don't want to share your code with everyone else but be nice if you could not badger people about it.

I would also love to find out if this is going to be released. If not Craig, i would be happy to put something torwards the development cost of a mod. Perhaps a few people who want this can share it and get it made.
                              Christopher Padfield
                              Web Based Helpdesk

Comment

Chris, i'm hopeful that this will be included in the new release as John said it would be - I am simply after confirmation so that I can keep my affiliates at bay!

Oh, and don't think Mark is getting at you - it's just a bit of banter between our two sites - initiated by me, no doubt

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X