Not connecting to database after upgrading from beta 26 to 28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not connecting to database after upgrading from beta 26 to 28

I had beta 26 installed on a test site (with test database) and after upgrading to beta 28, it looks like I'm no longer connecting to my database. (my test site looks like a fresh install)

I've tried re-downloading beta 28, made a fresh duplicate of my "old" site and uploaded the re-downloaded beta 28 files to it. Then I made a new copy of my "old" site's database and had that restored over the contents of my test database and ran the upgrade. Nothing works.

I also tried clearing my browser's history after the upgrade - that didn't fix it.

Suggestions?

Did you overwrite the two config files?
    -- Web Developer for hire
    ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

Is this a Windows host? If so try using 127.0.0.1 as the database location and not localhost.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

I did overwrite both config files since it's a fresh upload. I've quadruple-checked that my database name, user name & password were correct too.

Not sure if it's a Windows host - I'll give that a shot when I get home.

One thing I did notice was that when I ran the upgrade this time, it just ran the 13-step XML update like when I first tried upgrading from beta 26 > 28. But when I first upgraded my 4.1.11 test site to beta 26, it went through a lengthier process. Now....when the 26 > 28 update didn't work for me and I did a fresh upload of 28 and ran that update on a fresh copy of my 4.1.11 site AND did a fresh restore of my database using a new version of my 4.1.11 database, I would have thought it would have run through the lengthier upgrade process again and showed me non vB5 entries in my database and all that good stuff - but it didn't.

- - - Updated - - -

I tried setting the location to 127.0.0.1 but that didn't work.

Comment

Do you have a backup of the site that you can roll back to and try again? Make sure that you restore to a new database rather than overwriting the current one...
          Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
          -
          *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
          - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
          - Highlight the correct navigation tab when you are on a custom page
          - "Quick Route" Interface...
          - Allow to use custom icons for individual forums

Comment