Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

admincp 403 Forbidden You don't have permission to access /admincp/ on this server.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BirdOPrey5
    replied
    Are you on an apache server? Is mod rewrite enabled? Are you sure the .htaccess file is uploaded? What is the URL to your forum?

Leave a comment:

• pwhitehead
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
    Glad you got it sorted.
    I'm having this same problem. i did a fresh install a few times already and still having the problem.. I'm able to load the forum up, it shows with no css, after install i click revert back to admincp and im getting a 403 error that im forbidden to access the page.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Glad you got it sorted.

Leave a comment:

• garabedy
    replied
    Not sure how to delete a post but I solved my own issue. After doing a test upgrade I switched apache over to a new directory, but apache did not agree and left a directory still pointing over to the test site. Once I pointed the directory over to the new site everything is working.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Try uploading a fresh copy of the .htaccess file from the download package. Back up your old one first.

Leave a comment:

• admincp 403 Forbidden You don't have permission to access /admincp/ on this server.

I just updated my site to v5 and when trying to access admincp I am getting a 403 error. Before this installation I did a test upgrade which went fine so on the same server I created a new directory and started over with the upgrade. I tried modifying my .htaccess file with the SecFilterEngine and OffSecFilterScanPOST Off but did not make a difference. If I switch back to the test site I can access admincp just fine. Any idea as to what could be causing this and how to correct?
    Last edited by garabedy; Tue 5 Feb '13, 9:43am.