Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading to 5.0.0 Beta 25 - Step 1 Aborted

Hi there,

I am trying to upgrade from beta 24 to 25 and its showing the following error :

PHP Code:
    Unexpected Text:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?> <br /> <b>Fatal error</b>:  Call to a member function isAdministrator() on a non-object in <b>/home/xsite/public_html/vb/core/vb/api/state.php</b> on line <b>174</b><br />

Any Help ?

Regards,
    BMH

Can you try re-downloading the ZIP file from the Members Area and re-upload all files (except core/install/install.php, config.php.bkp and core/includes/config.php.new) making sure you overwrite all files currently on your server then re-run the upgrade script.

Does this resolve the problem?

Former vBulletin Support Staff
    Need Help?, Or P.M. Me

Comment

Originally posted by AliMadkour View Post
      Can you try re-downloading the ZIP file from the Members Area and re-upload all files (except core/install/install.php, config.php.bkp and core/includes/config.php.new) making sure you overwrite all files currently on your server then re-run the upgrade script.

Does this resolve the problem?
      I was having the exact same issue as the user above, and deleting those three files fixed the problem.
      Thank you.

Comment

I too had a very similar issue on step 1 of the upgrade.

Code:
        Unexpected Text:
        <?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?> <br /> <b>Fatal error</b>:  Call to a member function isAdministrator() on a non-object in <b>/home/snappy/public_html/vB5/core/vb/api/state.php</b> on line <b>174</b><br />
        I deleted the install.php file but same issue.

I reuploaded the api folder (vB5/core/vb/api/state.php) and also the install folder.

Ran the upgrade scripts and no issue.... it went perfectly.

Comment