Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is upgrading from one beta to another the same process as installing vb5 altogether?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is upgrading from one beta to another the same process as installing vb5 altogether?

I've been looking for the information I need, but I can only find information on upgrading from 4 to 5.

From what I can gather, I download my database. For some reason, the download size is 3mb, when cpanel says it's 30mb, which is a little off putting.

Then I delete the forum files from the original upload folder. /forum/ for me.

Then I create a new database, and install the new forum there, into my (now empty) /forum/ folder.

Then I run the upgrade script which will transfer the information over from the old database (users, posts, etc), and have everything looking like I left it.

Is this correct? Can someone point me in the direction of the right documentation?

I've just paid someone to transfer my database over from Vanilla forums so I really don't want to mess this up.

Thank you.

Upgrading from beta to beta is exactly the same as normal upgrades:

Back up database and files
    Upload new files
    Go to /core/install/upgrade.php
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
      Upgrading from beta to beta is exactly the same as normal upgrades:

Back up database and files
      Upload new files
      Go to /core/install/upgrade.php
      Sorry, vb5 is my first vbulletin forum so I've never done an upgrade before. Can you provide me with some documentation?

Comment

Have a read of this:
        https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/upgrade

Make sure the dropdown box at the top shows vB 5.0.0 Beta 24 as the version.
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

I just removed the install.php the makeconfig.php and the htaccess and did an over write of the existing files the upgrade took fine with only xml error which seems to have no effect.

Comment

Originally posted by joshmd View Post
            Sorry, vb5 is my first vbulletin forum so I've never done an upgrade before. Can you provide me with some documentation?
            All you are doing is over writing files. But always deleted from install folder install.php file and makeconfig.php file. No need to delete any other files
            What you need should be here for most things messing with vB http://www.vbulletin.com/manual/

Comment