Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aborted upgrate from Beta 20 to 21

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Aborted upgrate from Beta 20 to 21

    Updated from Beta 20 to 21, and I'm getting an error on the final step:

    Status: Processing XML, Step 12 of 12


    after a while, I get this message:

    Unexpected Text:

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>

    any ideas?

    I reuploaded all files and tried it again with no success...

    - - - Updated - - -

    My admincp says I'm on Beta 21. I also had a few issues that I'm sure are related but might help troubleshooting:

    - there was an extra forum titled "main forum" on the homepage
    - the image I had uploaded as my blog image is no longer there
    - I can't enter text on my static HTML module. When I try editing it, I get a message "No configurations found." In fact, there are no configurations found for any modules

    - - - Updated - - -

    reuploading my style.xml file from the admincp solved the error problem. However, I'm still unable to configure any of my modules.

    My static HTML module says "no configurations found".

  • #2
    Re-run the upgrade script to import all the proper XML files.
    Translations provided by Google.

    Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

    Comment


    • #3
      Hi Wayne, I did do that, and the upgrade ran just fine, but all of my modules still either say "no configurations found", or they just sit there loading with the "loading status circle"

      I even redownloaded beta 21 and ran the upgrade again. All steps completed, but still module issues.

      http://www.coachcalorie.com/forums

      Comment


      • #4
        If you look at your widgetdefinition table using phpMyAdmin, does it contain any data?
        Translations provided by Google.

        Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
          If you look at your widgetdefinition table using phpMyAdmin, does it contain any data?
          Yes, it has 415 rows of data...

          Comment


          • #6
            We have others with this problem as well. We are currently working to figure out what causes it and to get it fixed. As soon as I have more information, I'll post it.
            Translations provided by Google.

            Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

            Comment


            • #7
              Ditto on 19->20 (had to do a fresh install to correct).

              However, updating from 20->21, I ran 'php upgrade.php' from the command line via SSH and all was well (and much faster). Running PHP 5.5.28 here.
              ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

              Comment

              Related Topics

              Collapse

              Working...
              X