X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Style and can't access admincp

Hi,

I tried to test upgrade my forum and have some issues:
    * The home page of the forum show without styles and colors see the pic attached
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-11-08 at 5.15.13 PM.png
Views:	1
Size:	325.8 KB
ID:	3724998

* When I tried to access the admincp and after I entered my username and password, it become blank page in login.php and never redirect to admincp.

Make sure to upload the included .htaccess file.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Maybe you should turn off the gzip compression.
      I had a similar problem in vB 4.

Comment

I rebuilt the php in my VPS and I installed fresh copy and it work fine.
        Put again when I tried to upgrade, I face an new problem.

An error has occurred with your database. Please contact vBulletin Support for assistance.
        Module: 500a14, Step 18 Database Error:1206
        The total number of locks exceeds the lock table size
        Query:

UPDATE node AS n INNER JOIN text AS t ON t.nodeid = n.nodeid AND n.hasphoto = 0 AND n.hasvideo=0 SET n.hasphoto = 1 WHERE t.rawtext LIKE '%[ATTACH%' OR t.rawtext LIKE '%[attach%';

I use SSH to upgrade the forum because the database size is huge around 1.7 GB.

Comment

That is a server issue. Please see this - http://rackerhacker.com/2010/02/16/m...-table-size-2/

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

I give up from trying to upgrade the forum.
            I upgrade mysql to 5.5.27. The upgrade process completed but the old problems still there. I can't login and no style applied.
            When I installed a new copy, there is no problem. The problems only when I upgrade the forum.
            I did every thing that I know it.
            Any more Ideas?

Comment

What is the direct link to your vBulletin 5 Upgrade?

Wayne Luke
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

This for vb upgrade : www.ibrigate.com/vb52
                And this for the new installation: www.ibrigate.com/vb5

Comment

Originally posted by Suhaib View Post
                  This for vb upgrade : www.ibrigate.com/vb52
                  This installation has "Store CSS as Files" turned on under Settings -> Options -> Style & Language Options. You need to turn this off.

Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                    This installation has "Store CSS as Files" turned on under Settings -> Options -> Style & Language Options. You need to turn this off.
                    The problem as as mentioned before, I can't login. When I entered the username and password, it show blank page.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-11-13 at 8.56.57 PM.png
Views:	1
Size:	238.7 KB
ID:	3690667

I will try to do the process from the begin and I will turn off that option before I start the upgrade.
                    One thing more, the collation in my database is mix between latin and UTF-8. Do I need to change all tables to UTF-8 before I start the upgrade?

Comment

Originally posted by Suhaib View Post
                      One thing more, the collation in my database is mix between latin and UTF-8. Do I need to change all tables to UTF-8 before I start the upgrade?
                      It is bad to have mixed collations in a single database under any circumstance.

Wayne Luke
                      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

That mixed collation from I upgrade from vb2 to 3 then to 4.
                        I changed all the tabled collations to UTF8 before I upgrade and that was not easy and I turned off store CSS as files.
                        Style problem now solved but still the login problem which I discovered this because my admin user in Arabic language and I change it from the database and I login to the admincp.
                        I think there is a
                        compatibility problem with the Arabic language. I tried to install an Arabic translate designed for vb 5 beta 17 and it's not work.
                        I tried that translate in a fresh installed copy and work fine.
                        What is the wrong with upgrade? I can't find any reasons for this problem.
                        you can check the link for the test upgrade: www.ibrigate.com/vb52

Comment

We are only supporting English during the beta process. Full Localization will be implemented shortly after the gold release. At such time we should have an official Arabic Language pack available.

Wayne Luke
                          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

With new installation there are no problems with Arabic compatibility (See here www.ibrigate.com/vb5 ), now my quotation why only this problem with upgrading?

----

Now I can see the forum correctly after change the text encoding from my browser

I tried to see and thread or post and it show this error:
                            An internal error has occurred and the widget cannot be displayed.
                            Last edited by Suhaib; Wed 14 Nov '12, 9:49pm.

Comment