Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WebGuy75903
    replied
    Yeah, I'll go ahead and upgrade to version 18, but I probably won't be able to get to it until next weekend. So I'll keep this thread bookmarked, and report back when I do. Thanks for keeping on top of this issue. Very much appreciate it...

Web

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Can you upgrade to Beta 18 and set the value to 0 again to see if the same issue continues?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    I've entered it into JIRA, but to be honest the way it works isn't going to be the highest priority to get fixed. They'll get to it though.

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-6014

Leave a comment:

• WebGuy75903
    replied
    That was it, Wayne!! Definite bug then. It was set to 0. I put it to 10,000, and all of a sudden, I'm posting like a champ! Thanks so much!!!

Web

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    What do you have for "Maximum Number of Characters in a Post"?

In the Admin CP go to Settings -> Options -> Message Posting and Editing Options. Change Maximum Characters Per Post. Save. Default is 10,000 characters. Could be a bug with 0 there disabling it and we'd need that entered into JIRA.

Leave a comment:

• WebGuy75903
    replied
    Thank you, Zachery. That fixed item #2 in my original post. Item #1 still remains - Unable to post, as administrator, with proper access granted to channel. Keep getting the following error: "Maximum number of characters exceeded. It can be more than 0 characters". I have edited the .htaccess file as suggested, and baseurl in the config file is correct. Any other ideas? Thank you so much...

Web

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    It looks like you have css as files on, try disabling that.

AdminCP > Settings > Options > Style & Language Settings > Store css as files > No

Leave a comment:

• WebGuy75903
    replied
    www.nenosplace.com/vb5/

Thanks so much!

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    I'd need a link to your site.

Leave a comment:

• WebGuy75903
    replied
    Any other ideas? Thanks so much....

Web

Leave a comment:

• WebGuy75903
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    1) Make sure that the url listed as the baseurl in your /config.php file is the URL that you're accessing the site from.

2) if you have .htaccess in a parent directly, add RewriteBase to your vB5 .htaccess directly under RewriteEngine On. Should be like RewriteBase /vb5/ where vb5 is the name of the directory you installed the software in.

3) Verify your permissions for all usergroups for posting under Channels -> Channel Permissions. You can set global permissions by editing the HomePage Channel.
    Did as you suggested, and everything is the same. What else can I try? Thanks...

Web

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    1) Make sure that the url listed as the baseurl in your /config.php file is the URL that you're accessing the site from.

2) if you have .htaccess in a parent directly, add RewriteBase to your vB5 .htaccess directly under RewriteEngine On. Should be like RewriteBase /vb5/ where vb5 is the name of the directory you installed the software in.

3) Verify your permissions for all usergroups for posting under Channels -> Channel Permissions. You can set global permissions by editing the HomePage Channel.

Leave a comment:

• Unable to Post, and No Stylesheet Applied Unless Logged In

Just upgraded a test environment from vb4 to vb5, and while we're struggling to learn the in's and out's of all the changes, it would appear two consistent issues have come up:

1. When I try to post anything, I am given the error message that reads: "Edit Conversation...Maximum number of characters exceeded. It can be more than 0 characters". My test post reads simply, "Test Message".

2. If I am not logged in, the page does not appear to use any stylesheet.

Any ideas as to how to fix these? Thanks...

Web