X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Why are my forums, threads, blogs, social groups, etc... renumbered? Or why does everything have new IDS?

Due to the new database structure of vBulletin 5 along with Channels and Nodes, the upgrade is actually doing a lot of importing from old tables into new tables. Since sites usually delete content, forums and so forth, there are usually gaps in the IDs of these items. During an Import these gaps are eliminated due to how MySQL and auto-numbering work.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    What happened to my Avatars and Attachments?

If you store your attachments and avatars in the file system, you should make sure to back them up. Depending on where you install vBulletin 5 and how you have your path specified in the database, you may need to move these files to a new location for them to work properly.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    I was upgrading and made it to 99% and the upgrade failed on updating the Style Cache.

This is a known issue that we are awaiting resolution on. For a workaround please delete all custom vBulletin 3.X and 4.X styles from your database before upgrading. This should allow your upgrade to continue.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    I cannot login or remain logged in, even if checking Remember Me.

Make sure that the cookie prefix variables in both Config.php Files match. These are /config.php and /core/includes/config.php.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    After Upgrading, my CSS and Images do not appear properly.

• Make sure you are not using CSS Stored in the File System.
    • Make sure that /core exists at the end of your Site URL under Settings -> Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details.
    • Verify that the paths are correct in your Presentation Config.php File at: /config.php

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    started a topic Read Me First: Upgrade Issues and Restrictions

Read Me First: Upgrade Issues and Restrictions

Warning:
    1. Do not upload vBulletin 5 over your vBulletin 4 installation. The folder structure has drastically changed. Only place vBulletin 5 in a clean and empty folder to test and deploy your upgrade.
    2. Having multiple languages installed in vBulletin can cause the upgrade to fail at this time. Please uninstall all languages except the default English language before upgrading.
    3. Your vBulletin 4.X styles will not be retained. Make sure to note colors, images and other customizations before upgrading.

If you rely on the following features for your community to work properly, you should refrain from upgrading until their functionality is restored.

• CMS/Article Management
    • Paid Subscriptions
    • Localization / Additional Languages
    • Infractions.
    • Pre-purchased Custom Styles
    • Third-Party Custom Addons

Please see the vBulletin 5 Connect Release Plans for more information.

Frequently Asked Questions
    Q. None of my vBulletin 4 Addons work.
    A. These are not supported in vBulletin 5.

Q. None of my vBulletin Styles work.
    A. These are not supported in vBulletin 5.

Q. There is no place for my users to purchase Paid Subscriptions
    A. Paid Subscirptions are not supported in vBulletin 5. They will return in a future version.

Q. What happened to the CMS and all my articles?
    A. The CMS/Article System is not support in vBulletin 5.0. It will return in a future version. Your articles are being kept safe in a hidden channel and will return when the CMS is released.

Q. Where is the infraction system?
    A. The infraction system is not supported in vBulletin 5.0. It will return in a future version.

Q. Where is the FAQ system?
    A. The FAQ System is not supported in vBulletin 5.0. It will return in a future version.

Q. Where is the Member's List?
    A. There is no member's list in vBulletin 5.

Q. I was in the AdminCp and received an error message.
    A. A number of features in the Admin CP no longer work. These can return error message. Open a Support Topic for further assistance.

Q. Do you have a list of features that have been removed?
    A. No, we do not have a complete list at this time. Please open a forum thread about the feature you're missing and we will help.

Q. How do I turn off Blogs, Social Groups, Albums?
    A. The short answer is that you cannot do this. However you can set permissions so that end users cannot see these features. Please open a forum thread for assistance in doing this.

Q. How do I remove the Activity Stream?
    A. You can't however you can disable the specific tab, rearrange the tabs and change the default tab. Please see the support forums for assistance.
    Last edited by Wayne Luke; Tue 4 Sep '12, 12:32pm.