X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Issue After Upgrade from 4.2 to 5.0.3

I recently upgraded to vB 5.0.3.

Some of the issues I'm seeing, and I don't know where to start:

- when I change settings in some things, they don't see to take effect.
    - Some members say they can't log in. Gives error ""There is a serious error and the page cannot be rendered".
    - When I simple go into edit a phrase, and hit save (I don't make any changes) it gives a database error.
    - When I try to edit the Nav Bar in Site builder, (again, don't change anything), I get an error.
    - I can't upload a header. Gives me an upload error.

I'm assuming database issues are the cause?

I had zero issues with 4.2 before I upgraded. Now my site is dead. I've upgraded from vB2 to vB3 to vB4 with no issues.

The site sort of works for me, but I'm only seeing a couple of people being able to log on and post. Something just doesn't seem right.

I've checked for suspicious files. I've re-uploaded the files. I just noticed that some things just aren't working like versions in the past.

I'm almost to the point where I need to pay for an install, but I've already installed it. I just need to know where to start. The above are just a couple of things I've noticed.

Like I said, I was to the point where I wanted to restore my site back, but my host said all the backups were corrupted.

Please help me, I'm not sure what to check first. Especially since I'm new to vB5, and thats foreign, so I'm not sure if it's my server, vB5 or what. I just know vB4 gave me no issues. I don't feel like I should have to pay the full installation fee, but I feel the installation has me stumped with all the issues. I'm willing to pay to resolve this, but not feeling the whole $149, especially after dropping $200 on vB5.

Any help would be appreciated! My site is now dead in the water. Especially since members can't log in.
    Last edited by Ski-Whiz; Thu 25th Jul '13, 10:21am.
    Best Chicago Bears Fan Site on the net!

1) Clear the cache after changing settings.
    2) Haven't encountered this. When you login and look at the responses in something like Firebug what does it return? Can you repeat the issue if you login as the users with the problems?
    3) What is the database error? Without it, we can't help.
    4) What is the database error? Without it, we can't help.
    5) What is the upload error? Without it, we can't help.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I will post more info when I get back to a computer that I'm able to log into my plesk panel (to retrieve log entries).

I can say, with the navigation bar and phrase error isn't giving me anything.

I'm not familiar with firebug. So I'll have to figure that out to give some info on what my errors are.

I couldn't find the upload errors.

Comment

I'm going to list my issues one at a time in different threads. They all seem to be from the upgrade, but I understand the need to separate them... So please close this.

Comment