Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User ranks labels are lost

Still testing my system

In VB384, I was using ranks with text or picture aside the name of users.
    This was set for instance as a label for uses who was included in group "club members" + minimum 0 message.

In VB5, ranks are set but... text or icon do not appear aside the name of my users.

Is it something wrong or something not yet supported in VB5?

Any news? Is it supposed to work in vb5? My need is to tag users from a d├ędicated group (resulting of a paid subscription)

Comment

It works just fine on my test forum. After you created the ranks, did you run the Update Counters for Title and Ranks?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

I have the same issue, and I have updated the counters, and still no rank image appears .
        ~The Enemy Of My Enemy Is My Friend~

Comment

I went forward in testing (version 503) :
          - after reset + upgrade User titles & ranks => it works for displaying "text based ranks"
          - even after upgrade => picture doesn't work

To explain further, if I set path to :
          - absolute path => Invalid File Path Specified in "User Rank Manager" dashboard (despite the path exists physically)
          - /core/images/ranks/gold.gif => Invalid File Path Specified in "User Rank Manager" dashboard (despite the path exists physically)
          - /images/ranks/gold.gif => Setting is accepted... Image appears in "User Rank Manager" dashboard... but image is not displayed in the forum even after update titles & ranks (while "text" ranks still work)

My comprehension is that the ranks system does not concat correctly the path. Can you explain what to do?
          Do you need other system info to analyse?

Nb : in general settings : URL of your forum's core. = http://127.0.0.1/forum/core
          in \forum\config.php :
          $config['baseurl'] = 'http://127.0.0.1/forum';
          $config['baseurl_core'] = $config['baseurl'] . '/core';

All is 777 on local drive with easyPHP based installation (PHP 5.3.14)

Comment

Have you tried on 5.0.4?

Comment

Hi Zachery

I've just updraded right now to 504 and I have the same behaviour.

thanks for help

Comment

Hi
                I restarted from scratch with the 505, it is OK now. I have put my pics in \forum\core\images\ranks before upgrading. Ranks are well without any manual operation but upgrade

Thanks for your support

Comment

After a few runs of the migration process, I have understood

in migration process, ranks resources are loaded for \forum\core\images\ranks

but... regular forum software loads resources from \forum\images\ranks

that could be a bug to be raised or an enhancement of documentation
                  Last edited by Sylv1; Thu 2 Jan '14, 7:24am.

Comment