Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When upgrading to 5.0.3 will lose editing templates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When upgrading to 5.0.3 will lose editing templates?

Hello, I want to upgrade to vb5.0.3, but I have some doubts.

1- First, before uploading the files, I need to delete the two config.php, install.php and makeconfig.php files? and then upload.. or upload all and then edit?

2- Will lose editing templates?

there is some updated info in the manual upgrade section that addresses these issues http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/upgrade
    best lucks

Comment

If I've read it, but do not understand much Because the translator is not very good and I only speak Spanish.

I continue without understanding, I have to rewrite config files or should I remove it before uploading the files?

Comment

ok to delete the config files in new package...you will notice confignew.php or whatever instead of config.php

no need to rewrite the ones you are using now on your site

i think its ok to leave the confignew.php will not cause any issues, but usually removed for security or something

Comment

Thank you, everything went well, but upgrading to 5.0.3 has brought me problems to reset the password,
          when a user resets their password and then connected to the forum displayed an error, this did not happen in version 5.0.2:

There is a serious error and the page cannot be rendered

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X