Is 5.0.3 out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is 5.0.3 out?

Just checking, as I see this board has now upgraded.
    BlackBerry Empire #1 BlackBerry news site and BlackBerry forum.

Not yet.

We'll post when it's officially available.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.2 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

I just downloaded the 5.0.3! Its released!

Comment

Hold off upgrading until the release is actually confirmed.

Comment

Hmmm....should have read this before I checked the members area and saw the update. I'm midway through on my system and appear to be stuck -- Step 5 of 5.0.3 Alpha 3 upgrade has been sitting there (without further details) for about 15 minutes now. No significant load on the system, so it's hard to see what it's doing, or if it's just hung...

Comment

• Dan Simon
            Dan Simon commented
            Editing a comment
            on the plus side, I did take a backup/dump of the database before starting the upgrade (from 5.0.2 pl 2 or whatever it was), so hopefully I'll be able to go back if things go seriously south...

Please hang fire with your upgrade.

Comment

You should be able to refresh the script and it will pick up with the 5.0.3 A3 steps. Skipping as necessary. What version of MySQL are you using? How big is your database and what is the wait timeout of your MySQL server?
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
            Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

• Dan Simon
              Dan Simon commented
              Editing a comment
              running from the command line, so hopefully timeouts won't be a problem. I restarted the upgrade script and it started right back in on Step 5 of 5.0.3 A3 (whatever step 5 is). Still running.

MySQL version 5.1.69 with 8.34G of data usage and 3.74G of index usage.

Still waiting...still on step 5.

For future updates, a suggestion: in general, you guys do a great job of providing feedback during an update (processing record XX of YY, etc.). But _all_ processes/steps should have some form of feedback, even if only a slowly growing line of "......." so that the user can have some indication that the process is not hung.

As it stands right now, I'm sort of going on faith that the upgrade is actually working in the background as the output is completely silent and has not changed.

Comment

Still waiting...

Comment

How much longer should I let this go? It's still sitting on Step 5

Comment

wow....finally finished. Now to see how long the rest of the upgrade takes.

Patience is a virtue, I suppose

Comment

so we need to wait or what? didnt get that...mines just finished to ftp in now...

Comment

• IggyP
                      IggyP commented
                      Editing a comment
                      im gonna have to reupload this? idk why youd put a link up if its not ready....

well it seemed to install ok for me...if it is the correct release....pretty quickly too, couple minutes..

Comment

• IggyP
                      IggyP commented
                      Editing a comment
                      had some issues and reverted....no idea what is up with this release so i will wait, but shouldnt be available in admin cp if its not ready.....

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
                    Hold off upgrading until the release is actually confirmed.
                    What is the point of giving us the option to download the update if you don't want us to upgrade?

Comment

have to admit im getting quite annoyed with vbulletin....i know it aint all easy for the devs, but bunch of slackers or half-brains it would seem.....what i did try in 5.0.3 still doesnt have basic functions like...um being able to view/post an image that has been uploaded.....

you know all that super advanced futuristic hi-tech stuff...

im wondering how long it will take for basic functions to work and not getting errors every time i try to do something....it is nice getting to know the new version but nowhere near usable software..even 5.0.3 from what ive seen so far, should not be a thing that cost $.......for shame..

i must be a masochist tho cuz im still here, ffs tho guys whats going on?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X