vb4 to vb5 upgrade problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vb4 to vb5 upgrade problem

Hi, I am trying to upgrade my vb4 forum to vb5. I however get an error instanlty when I try to run the upgrade wizard.

I get the following error:

2: mysqli_real_connect(): Premature end of data (mysqlnd_wireprotocol.c:553) Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message '2: mysqli_real_connect(): Premature end of data (mysqlnd_wireprotocol.c:553)' in /opt/www/vanreeths/web/www.stevos.be/forum/core/vb/database.php:999 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: vB_Database->catch_db_error(2, 'mysqli_real_con...', '/opt/www/vanree...', 96, Array) #1 /opt/www/vanreeths/web/www.stevos.be/forum/core/vb/database/mysqli.php(96): mysqli_real_connect(Object(mysqli), 'mysqlhost', 'vanreeths', '*****', '', 3306) #2 /opt/www/vanreeths/web/www.stevos.be/forum/core/vb/database.php(231): vB_Database_MySQLi->db_connect('mysqlhost', 3306, 'vanreeths', '*******', 0, '', '') #3 /opt/www/vanreeths/web/www.stevos.be/forum/core/vb/db/mysql/assertor.php(103): vB_Database->connect('vanreeths', 'mysqlhost', 3306, 'vanreeths', '******', 0, '', 3306, '', '', 0, '', '') #4 /opt/www/vanreeths/web/www.stevos.be/forum/core/vb/db/mysql/assertor.php(39): vB_dB_MYSQL_Assertor->load_database(Array) #5 /opt/www/vanreeths/web/www.stevos.be/forum/core/vb/db/ass in /opt/www/vanreeths/web/www.stevos.be/forum/core/vb/database.php on line 999

Did you disable plugins in vB4 before the upgrade to vB5?

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

Originally posted by beishe8 View Post
      Did you disable plugins in vB4 before the upgrade to vB5?
      Yes, i did :\

Comment

Make sure you remove all th vB4 files completely,with the exception of user uploaded content (attachments, sigpics, profile pics, avatars), then download a fresh copy of 5.0.2 from the member area and upload it in ASCII format.
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.4 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
          Make sure you remove all th vB4 files completely,with the exception of user uploaded content (attachments, sigpics, profile pics, avatars), then download a fresh copy of 5.0.2 from the member area and upload it in ASCII format.
          I'm afraid this doesn't help either, it seems to give me the same error.

Comment

Nobody has any idea left?

Comment

I would suggest opening a support ticket.

Comment