Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5.0 upgrade half done - then aborts - API Error no_permission - Windows-1252

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 5.0 upgrade half done - then aborts - API Error no_permission - Windows-1252


    Code:
    Unexpected Text:
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>
    <b>API Error</b><br><b>Error:</b> no_permission<br>
    Help! trying to upgrade vbulletin to 5.0.0.

    I've checked my XML files to ensure all are set to: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
    updated php.ini to 256M of memory
    tried to change permissions of install directory files.

    The abort errors is very vague... what you see is all I got. there are no additional details. if this is a permissions error... what is the error? do I need to change chmod on a file? is a file being written to?


  • #2
    I think I made it around this problem by dropping the content from all of my 'social' related tables. I read somewhere in the forum that the social tables can cause an error. once dumped, the processes started again.

    Comment


    • #3
      I believe this is a bug if you have your forums turned off. Try turning the forum back on (if it was turned off) and try again.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by hoover View Post
        I think I made it around this problem by dropping the content from all of my 'social' related tables. I read somewhere in the forum that the social tables can cause an error. once dumped, the processes started again.
        yep... I flushed / dropped my social tables (I think there were 3 of them), then it started cranking again.

        Comment

        Related Topics

        Collapse

        Working...
        X