Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem Upgrading from 4.2.0 Patch 3 to vB5

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Problem Upgrading from 4.2.0 Patch 3 to vB5

    Hoping someone could help me out as I've tried googling my errors as to no avail.

    I recently purchased a license to upgrade my nulled 4.2 versoin to retail.

    I was able to upgrade to 4.2.0 Patch Level 3 after some issues with plugins. Kept getting errors that plugins weren't being found. I realized that I had to turn them all off before upgrading. So the upgrade to retail was successful.

    After that upgrade, I went ahead and wanted to test out VB5. I installed VB5 on a completely new folder, backed up my SQL, and duplicated it for test purposes to use for VB5.

    When using the upgrade script, I run into an error that happens during this step, right after Importing Groups

    5.0.0 Alpha 29 Step 3 of 21

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?> <b>API Error</b><br><b>Error:</b> no_permission<br>


    I tested this both on VB 5.0.0 stable and VB 5.0.0 beta 28
    If anyone could help me out, that would be excellent.
    Last edited by Rodeleo Corpus; Mon 4 Mar '13, 10:42am.

  • #2
    Glad to hear it's not only me::
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...-8-6-api-error

    My temporary fix was to comment out all 20 instances of "throw new vB_Exception_Api('no_permission');" in core/vb/api/node.php.

    Comment


    • #3
      That step deals with converting Social Groups to the new format and some update work on them. Does your MySQL user have all permissions except the grant option?
      Translations provided by Google.

      Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

      Comment


      • #4
        This issue is confirmed on Jira. A fix should be out soon enough.
        Last edited by Cheater912; Mon 4 Mar '13, 11:49pm.

        Comment


        • #5
          A fix I have found since it was not yet a big deal in my forum software was to just go ahead and delete all the social groups. Once this was done, I was able to continue on with the install.

          @ Luke, I believe that is correct. My mysql user has all permission except grant. I would have to find out from my webhost exactly what permissions.


          Comment

          Related Topics

          Collapse

          Working...
          X