X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fatal error after upgrade from 4.xx to 5.0 beta 28

Hello,

[off topic]
    Yesterday i started a threath about a fatal error, and now it's gone so here is the question again

This is a bad situation off losing threats and posts after an upgrade !!!!!!!!
    [/off topic]

I have setup a test enviroment for testing vbulletin 5.0 beta 28.
    But after upgrading i get this error.
    Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 81 bytes) in /home/xxxxxxx/domains/xxxxx.nl/public_html/forums/core/vb/datastore.php on line 156

I tryed to set a mex_memory size of 512M and even 1024M in php.ini, but that didn't solved the problem.
    i checked in the live site that css files are stored in the database.

so what could be the problem, please need help this problem is open for 3 days now !!!!!.

Do deactivate the memory limitation. please set memory_limit = -1 in your php.ini . Furthermore you can investigate why the script is needing so much memory.

Comment

i set the limit to -1, but the website isn't loading.
      what could next be wrong.

no more fatal error.
      just saying this website can't be displayed !

[in dutch]
      De webpagina kan niet worden weergegeven

when i look at my apache log, there is this error
      [Thu Feb 21 09:12:03 2013] [notice] child pid 8740 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

Last edited by Ageurtse; Wed 20 Feb '13, 11:16pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Ageurtse View Post
        [Thu Feb 21 09:12:03 2013] [notice] child pid 8740 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
        That's a server error - you will need to speak to your host about that.
        Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
        -
        *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
        - Highlight the correct navigation tab when you are on a custom page
        - "Quick Route" Interface...
        - Allow to use custom icons for individual forums

Comment

Oke, but why is the memory consumption going up to 1.8 Gb ?
          that is not normal, in my opinion vb5 is a bit crapy and not working correct.

Is there a way to find out what is realy going wrong ?

i also will ask oure host what could be wrong.

Comment

My host tell's me that a segment fault means that there is to much memory consumption.
            So know i need to know why is vb5 using that much memory.

I hope you guys from vb could help me with this, as far now we payed a lot for nothing !

Comment

It shouldn't be using that much memory. In your core/includes/config.php file, are you using one of the datastore caching methods or is that section commented out?
              Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
              -
              *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
              - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
              - Highlight the correct navigation tab when you are on a custom page
              - "Quick Route" Interface...
              - Allow to use custom icons for individual forums

Comment

This is my config.php file within the core/includes section

Code:
                <?php
                /*======================================================================*\
                || #################################################################### ||
                || # vBulletin Core Configuration                                     # ||
                || # ---------------------------------------------------------------- # ||
                || # All PHP code in this file is  2000-2012 vBulletin Solutions Inc. # ||
                || # This file may not be redistributed in whole or significant part. # ||
                || # ---------------- VBULLETIN IS NOT FREE SOFTWARE ---------------- # ||
                || # http://www.vbulletin.com | http://www.vbulletin.com/license.html # ||
                || #################################################################### ||
                \*======================================================================*/

/*----------------------------------------------------------------------*\
                |        ****** NOTE REGARDING THE VARIABLES IN THIS FILE ******         |
                +------------------------------------------------------------------------+
                | If you get any errors while attempting to connect to MySQL, you will   |
                | need to email your webhost because we cannot tell you the correct      |
                | values for the variables in this file.                                 |                                 
                |                                                                        |
                | When making changes to the file, the edit should always be to the      |
                | right of the = sign between the single quotes                          |
                | Default: $config['admincpdir'] = 'admincp';                            |
                | Example: $config['admincpdir'] = 'myadmin';  GOOD!                     |
                | Example: $config['myadmin'] = 'admincp'; BAD!                          |
                \*----------------------------------------------------------------------*/

//    ****** DATABASE TYPE ******
                    //    This is the type of the database server on which your vBulletin database
                    //    will be located. Valid options are mysql and mysqli, for slave support add
                    //     _slave to the end of the database class.  
                    //    Try to use mysqli if you are using PHP 5 and MySQL 4.1+
                    // WARNING: As of PHP 5.5.0 mysql library support is depricated. So if you are using PHP >= 5.5.0 use mysqli
                $config['Database']['dbtype'] = 'mysql';

//    ****** DATABASE NAME ******
                    //    This is the name of the database where your vBulletin will be located.
                    //    This must be created by your webhost.
                $config['Database']['dbname'] = 'xxxx';

//    ****** TABLE PREFIX ******
                    //    Prefix that your vBulletin tables have in the database.
                $config['Database']['tableprefix'] = 'vb3_';

//    ****** TECHNICAL EMAIL ADDRESS ******
                    //    If any database errors occur, they will be emailed to the address specified here.
                    //    Leave this blank to not send any emails when there is a database error.
                $config['Database']['technicalemail'] = '[email protected]';

//    ****** MASTER DATABASE SERVER NAME AND PORT ******
                    //    This is the hostname or IP address and port of the database server.
                    //    If you are unsure of what to put here, leave the default values.
                    //
                    //    Note: If you are using IIS 7+ and MySQL is on the same machine, you
                    //    need to use 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost
                $config['MasterServer']['servername'] = 'localhost';
                $config['MasterServer']['port'] = 3306;

//    ****** MASTER DATABASE USERNAME & PASSWORD ******
                    //    This is the username and password you use to access MySQL.
                    //    These must be obtained through your webhost.
                $config['MasterServer']['username'] = 'xxxx';
                $config['MasterServer']['password'] = 'xxxx';

//    ****** MASTER DATABASE PERSISTENT CONNECTIONS ******
                    //    This option allows you to turn persistent connections to MySQL on or off.
                    //    The difference in performance is negligible for all but the largest boards.
                    //    If you are unsure what this should be, leave it off. (0 = off; 1 = on)
                $config['MasterServer']['usepconnect'] = 0;

//    ****** SLAVE DATABASE CONFIGURATION ******
                    //    If you have multiple database backends, this is the information for your slave
                    //    server. If you are not 100% sure you need to fill in this information,
                    //    do not change any of the values here.
                $config['SlaveServer']['servername'] = '';
                $config['SlaveServer']['port'] = 3306;
                $config['SlaveServer']['username'] = '';
                $config['SlaveServer']['password'] = '';
                $config['SlaveServer']['usepconnect'] = 0;

//    ****** PATH TO ADMIN & MODERATOR CONTROL PANELS ******
                    //    This setting allows you to change the name of the folders that the admin and
                    //    moderator control panels reside in. You may wish to do this for security purposes.
                    //    Please note that if you change the name of the directory here, you will still need
                    //    to manually change the name of the directory on the server.
                $config['Misc']['admincpdir'] = 'admincp';
                $config['Misc']['modcpdir'] = 'modcp';

//    Prefix that all vBulletin cookies will have
                    //    Keep this short and only use numbers and letters, i.e. 1-9 and a-Z
                $config['Misc']['cookieprefix'] = 'cc';

//    ******** FULL PATH TO FORUMS DIRECTORY ******
                    //    On a few systems it may be necessary to input the full path to your forums directory
                    //    for vBulletin to function normally. You can ignore this setting unless vBulletin
                    //    tells you to fill this in. Do not include a trailing slash!
                    //    Example Unix:
                    //      $config['Misc']['forumpath'] = '/home/users/public_html/forums';
                    //    Example Win32:
                    //      $config['Misc']['forumpath'] = 'c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\vb3';
                $config['Misc']['forumpath'] = '/home/xxxxx/public_html/forums';

//    ****** USERS WITH ADMIN LOG VIEWING PERMISSIONS ******
                    //    The users specified here will be allowed to view the admin log in the control panel.
                    //    Users must be specified by *ID number* here. To obtain a user's ID number,
                    //    view their profile via the control panel. If this is a new installation, leave
                    //    the first user created will have a user ID of 1. Seperate each userid with a comma.
                $config['SpecialUsers']['canviewadminlog'] = '3689,8646';

//    ****** USERS WITH ADMIN LOG PRUNING PERMISSIONS ******
                    //    The users specified here will be allowed to remove ("prune") entries from the admin
                    //    log. See the above entry for more information on the format.
                $config['SpecialUsers']['canpruneadminlog'] = '3689,8646';

//    ****** USERS WITH QUERY RUNNING PERMISSIONS ******
                    //    The users specified here will be allowed to run queries from the control panel.
                    //    See the above entries for more information on the format.
                    //    Please note that the ability to run queries is quite powerful. You may wish
                    //    to remove all user IDs from this list for security reasons.
                $config['SpecialUsers']['canrunqueries'] = '3689,8646';

//    ****** UNDELETABLE / UNALTERABLE USERS ******
                    //    The users specified here will not be deletable or alterable from the control panel by any users.
                    //    To specify more than one user, separate userids with commas.
                $config['SpecialUsers']['undeletableusers'] = '3689,8646';

//    ****** SUPER ADMINISTRATORS ******
                    //    The users specified below will have permission to access the administrator permissions
                    //    page, which controls the permissions of other administrators
                $config['SpecialUsers']['superadministrators'] = '3689,8646';

// ****** CACHE CONFIGURATION *****
                    // Here you can configure different methods for caching items.
                    // The following are the cacheing classes that can be used.
                    // vB_Cache_Db - This setting stores the data in the database
                    // vB_Cache_Memcached - This stores the data in memcache
                    // vB_Cache_Memory - This setting uses php's memory while a page is being generated.
                    // Each cache area can use its own cache type.
                //$config['Cache']['class'][0] = 'vB_Cache_Db'; //regular cache
                //$config['Cache']['class'][1] = 'vB_Cache_Memory'; //fastest cache
                //$config['Cache']['class'][2] = 'vB_Cache_Db'; //largest cache and longest life.

//Cache options are
                //vB_Cache_Memory -     fastest but doesn't survive a page load.
                //vB_Cache_Db-             significant speed improvement and available to everyone.
                //vB_Cache_Filesystem- good performance, reduces traffic and load on db server. Not available to everyone- your web server must be able to write to the file system.
                //vB_Cache_Memcached    excellent performance but usually only available to dedicated or virtual hosted sites.

//    ******** FILESYSTEM CACHE CONFIGURATION ******
                //If you use filesystem cache you MUST uncomment the line below.
                //set the path to somewher writeable by the web server process. This location must already exist. Please put
                // this somewhere outside the document root. Otherwise you have just created a serious security issue.
                //Don't include the final '/'

//$config['Cache']['fileCachePath'] = '/valid/writeable/for/my/webserver';

// ****** DATASTORE CACHE CONFIGURATION *****
                    // Here you can configure different methods for caching datastore items.
                    // You may need to clear this cache after installing/upgrading. You can do this either
                    // in the control panel (Maintenance) or by restarting the web server.
                    // vB_Datastore_Filecache  - to use includes/datastore/datastore_cache.php
                    // vB_Datastore_APC - to use APC
                    // vB_Datastore_XCache - to use XCache
                    // vB_Datastore_Memcached - to use a Memcache server, more configuration below
                    // $config['Datastore']['class'] = 'vB_Datastore_Filecache';
                    //if you use Filecache you can accept the default location, or better
                    // to uncomment the next line and set a location
                    // $config['Misc']['datastorepath'] = '/valid/writeable/for/my/webserver';
                    // or if you have set $config['Cache']['fileCachePath' above you can do nothing and
                    // it will use that location.

// ******** DATASTORE PREFIX ******
                    // If you are using a PHP Caching system (APC, XCache, eAccelerator) with more
                    // than one set of forums installed on your host, you *may* need to use a prefix
                    // so that they do not try to use the same variable within the cache.
                    // This works in a similar manner to the database table prefix.
                // $config['Datastore']['prefix'] = '';

// It is also necessary to specify the hostname or IP address and the port the server is listening on
                /*
                $config['Datastore']['class'] = 'vB_Datastore_Memcached';
                $i = 0;
                // First Server
                $i++;
                $config['Misc']['memcacheserver'][$i]        = '127.0.0.1';
                $config['Misc']['memcacheport'][$i]            = 11211;
                $config['Misc']['memcachepersistent'][$i]    = true;
                $config['Misc']['memcacheweight'][$i]        = 1;
                $config['Misc']['memcachetimeout'][$i]        = 1;
                $config['Misc']['memcacheretry_interval'][$i] = 15;
                */
                //If you are using Memcache you should can set a prefix. This is needed only if the memcache server is shared. If dedicated you don't need it.
                $config['Cache']['memcacheprefix'] = '';
                // ****** The following options are only needed in special cases ******

//    ****** MySQLI OPTIONS *****
                    // When using MySQL 4.1+, MySQLi should be used to connect to the database.
                    // If you need to set the default connection charset because your database
                    // is using a charset other than latin1, you can set the charset here.
                    // If you don't set the charset to be the same as your database, you
                    // may receive collation errors.  Ignore this setting unless you
                    // are sure you need to use it.
                // $config['Mysqli']['charset'] = 'utf8';

//    Optionally, PHP can be instructed to set connection parameters by
                    //  reading from the file named in 'ini_file'. Please use a full path to
                    //    the file.
                    //    Example:
                    //    $config['Mysqli']['ini_file'] = 'c:\program files\MySQL\MySQL Server 4.1\my.ini';
                $config['Mysqli']['ini_file'] = '';

// ******** IMAGE PROCESSING OPTIONS ********
                    // Images that exceed either dimension below will not be resized by vBulletin.
                    // If you need to resize larger images, alter these settings.
                $config['Misc']['maxwidth'] = 800;
                $config['Misc']['maxheight'] = 600;

//  ******** SPECIAL SETTINGS ********
                    //    The following are settings/permissions that are not normally used but
                    //    are here for reference. Please be careful using them. Do not enable or
                    //    uncomment without understanding what they do first.

//    This allows you to disable modifications and extensions to the software.
                    //    If your site is not functioning well after installing or using a third
                    //    party modification, please enable this.
                 define("DISABLE_HOOKS", true);

//    This allows you to shut down all mail that is being sent by vBulletin.
                    //    This is useful for test environments
                // define("DISABLE_MAIL", true);

//  This allows you to enter debug mode, which is for support or development
                    //    to help understand how pages are built. This should NEVER be enabled in
                    //    a live environment.
                 $config['Misc']['debug'] = true;

//    This enables debug logging.  The debuglogger is controlled from the
                        //  file core/includes/xml/logger.xml.  This is safe to run on a live
                        //  environment, assuming the log location is secure, however it may
                        //  impact peformance to have the logging on.
                // $config['Misc']['debuglogging'] = true;

/*======================================================================*\
                || ####################################################################
                || # Downloaded: 00:00, Thur Oct 15th 2015
                || # CVS: $RCSfile$ - $Revision: 70661 $
                || ####################################################################
                \*======================================================================*/

Comment

I have it running, after uploading tools.php into the admincp dir.
                  running it.
                  default some stuff nothing helped.

the i see that my forum was turned off, after turning it on, all seems to work oke.
                  so it looks like a small bug to me.

i keep updating if i found some strange stuff.
                  i also updated to the stable version.

Comment