Social Group Tile Hover Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Social Group Tile Hover Cards

I use the social groups page as the homepage on two of my forums and while I like the appearance I dislike the information, or rather the lack of information displayed within each tile.

1) The Group Description is currently only visible if you click the tile.

2) The Last Topic is currently only visible if you display it within a separate module.

3) The Last Post is currently only visible if you display it in a separate module.

4) The Number Of Topics is currently displayed in the tile.

5) The Number Of Members is currently displayed in the tile.

6) The Group Owner is currently displayed in the tile.

I have created an Improvement Request asking for the following changes to the display of the social group tiles:

1) The Group Description should be visible on the tile without having to click anything. This lets users know what a group is about and distinguishes similar groups from one another.

2) The Last Topic and Last Post should be visible on a "hover card" if you hover over the group tile without having to click anything. This lets users know if they want to click the tile. The URLs for the Topic and Post should be clickable on the hover card to avoid extra and unnecessary clicks to get to a topic or post.

3) The Number Of Topics, and Number Of Members should either appear on the hover card or not at all. This information is less important.

4) The Group Owner should either appear on the hover card or in a different location within the tile. It currently sits where the Group Description should be located.

These changes would allow all of the important functionality of the forums page to exist on the groups page making it more practical to utilize the groups page as the homepage.

If you think this makes sense for your forums or even in general please vote for the improvement request.

https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-20462

I can vote for that.

Comment

I agree, there is a lack of information on the tile-cards and I voted, but it is not that easy to pack all that stuff into a card which size is depending on Screensize. I try to make a gridview for a forum right now and its tiles have totally overload with all that information. I think the bug-report will be handled faster if you make concrete style-proposals/ -examples.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bildschirmfoto 2020-07-29 um 06.00.43.png
Views:	20
Size:	149.8 KB
ID:	4444706

Name:	Bildschirmfoto 2020-07-29 um 06.00.58.png
Views:	19
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	4444707
      Attached Files

Comment

If you get rid of the join button, you'll have enough room for a description. Not sure how people think about that. Users can click/tap into a group to join or find out more information. If it is private then they could see a longer description and maybe some group rules or something. The mockup below is about the same size as the current cards.

Name:	2020-07-29_09h39_13.png
Views:	29
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	4444717

Not sure about hiding information behind popups on hover. These are not accessible since not everyone uses a mouse and you cannot hover on touch devices. They tend to wreak havoc on screen-readers as well because the trigger to retrieve the popup is never sent but they often try to read the information and fail.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment