X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newsletter !

someone has newsletters mod for vb5? €$

I hope it comes shortly from vbulletin officiale
    Last edited by Wayne Luke; Mon 28th Oct '19, 3:02pm. Reason: Moved to more appropriate location. Topic is not related to support.
    https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...re-waiting-for

What exactly would a newsletter entail?

A weekly digest of content that I have subscribed to? I can do that now with the existing notification system.
    A handcrafted email from the Site Admin telling everyone what they did that week? Doesn't sound interesting but you can do that now with the Email Users function.

There are always 150 different answers from 100 different people on what a newsletter should be. Even the open feature request doesn't list the features they want. It just links to another developer's work. Most of which is already in the software. The feature request hasn't even garnered a lot of votes. Indecisiveness and vague requests is why there isn't a feature explicitly named 'newsletter' in vBulletin. You already have the different functionalities and people can opt-in to these.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

The actual point of a newsletter is to get members to visit the forums so it seems like there should be a better alternative. Assuming members even get and read a newsletter instead of having it go to a spam folder or some email address they use for junk mail why would they visit the forums if everything they need to know is in a newsletter? I've just never seen this as an effective tool.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
        What exactly would a newsletter entail?

A weekly digest of content that I have subscribed to? I can do that now with the existing notification system.
        A handcrafted email from the Site Admin telling everyone what they did that week? Doesn't sound interesting but you can do that now with the Email Users function.

There are always 150 different answers from 100 different people on what a newsletter should be. Even the open feature request doesn't list the features they want. It just links to another developer's work. Most of which is already in the software. The feature request hasn't even garnered a lot of votes. Indecisiveness and vague requests is why there isn't a feature explicitly named 'newsletter' in vBulletin. You already have the different functionalities and people can opt-in to these.
        how do I send a letter to 240 000 users؟
        https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...re-waiting-for

Comment

Users -> Send Mail to Users.

However, even if there is a need to email 240,000 users at once, vBulletin is not the software for this. You should use an actual mailing list solution with scalable solutions to handle the volume, the rejections from about 50% of the list, and not get your IP Address Blacklisted for spam. You can even generate a mailing list for import into such a service under Users -> Generate Mailing List.

However, I suspect there really isn't a need to email 240,000 users. Many of those people would never want to receive an email. Personally, I don't ever want to use email. I would leave your site permanently if you bypassed my wishes and emailed me.

You didn't answer my question though.

What would a Newsletter feature entail?

No one can actually answer this and this is why there is no Newsletter feature in vBulletin. Adding one would be a bad decision if you ask me. It is outside the scope of the software, and if we try to solve every problem the software suffers. Though ultimately, it depends on what the customers can actually articulate.
          Last edited by Wayne Luke; Tue 29th Oct '19, 2:40pm.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X