Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    To be honest, I think this is the wrong way to go about creating a feature that is usable. Some of the biggest issues that I see are:
    1. In the long run, Prefixes and Tags should be combined into a single interface. They are both exactly the same thing anyway.
    2. Adding complexity to search and filtering tools like Prefixes/Tags is going to introduce performance issues in the software.
    3. You can only have one prefix per topic but you may want multiple conditions. This only adds to the complexity and performance issues.
    You will also have issue with making these Channel Permissions so I wouldn't recommend doing that either. What I propose is:

The ability for an Administrator to define rules that can be set as options on topics across the board. These rules can be based on age, registration date, number of posts, reputation, etc.... When creating a post, those who have permission to use the rules, can set each one individually as an option in the "Advanced Options" panel. Now, this implementation isn't perfect either because it overlaps with Usergroup Promotions. However, it will provide the most amount of flexibility to the administrator of a site.

Leave a comment:

• w4term4n
    replied
    Originally posted by In Omnibus View Post

The Social Groups function works great for that type of sorting and the icons and descriptions make it possible to be as detailed as you like.

But if you prefer prefixes the thing to do is to make an Improvement Request here:

https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulletin5

Click on the report issue button and choose Improvement Request. The more detail you can provide for the developers about what you're requesting the better.
    Ok, thank you so much.

Leave a comment:

• In Omnibus
    replied
    Originally posted by w4term4n View Post

I know, but I think my method is easier for users to understand; they would see a post in any section of the forum with +18 and already know that it is only for adults, or a user who has just registered and sees a +prv would know that he could not enter there until after a few months ...

This forum uses it and works perfect. forocoches.com
    The Social Groups function works great for that type of sorting and the icons and descriptions make it possible to be as detailed as you like.

But if you prefer prefixes the thing to do is to make an Improvement Request here:

https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulletin5

Click on the report issue button and choose Improvement Request. The more detail you can provide for the developers about what you're requesting the better.

Leave a comment:

• w4term4n
    replied
    Originally posted by In Omnibus View Post
    There are already ways of doing these things built into the system. Creating a Usergroup and / or a promotion would satisfy every prefix you've listed and more.
    I know, but I think my method is easier for users to understand; they would see a post in any section of the forum with +18 and already know that it is only for adults, or a user who has just registered and sees a +prv would know that he could not enter there until after a few months ...

This forum uses it and works perfect. forocoches.com

Leave a comment:

• In Omnibus
    replied
    There are already ways of doing these things built into the system. Creating a Usergroup and / or a promotion would satisfy every prefix you've listed and more.

Leave a comment:

• w4term4n
    started a topic Prefixes with rules

Prefixes with rules

+18 Only people of legal age can read that post.
    +prv Private post, 3 months registered and more than 100 messages will be required.
    +hd Only people with more than 20 posts can read the post.

They are only examples.

The idea is to be able to link rules to prefixes, in this way for example if someone creates a post and adds to the +18 title only users of legal age can enter.