Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VB 5 Shoutbox

please make VB 5 shoutbox.

many users needed this badly...there is no shoutbox for VB 5 in market....dragonbyte left the coding for VB...they work only for xenfor and ips...

only glen can make this possible i think or VB staffs.

As Wayne Luke once wrote:

To be honest with you, we will probably never add a shoutbox module. vBulletin Messenger is probably the closest we will get to a chat system.

Comment

Originally posted by In Omnibus View Post
      As Wayne Luke once wrote:
      not only just for chat....we also need like new posted threads and replies coming in shoutbox..it attract to users keep live on site...

Comment

Originally posted by riser4what View Post

not only just for chat....we also need like new posted threads and replies coming in shoutbox..it attract to users keep live on site...
        The activity stream does that.

Comment

I would echo what Wayne has said. The only way to get a "proper" shoutbox would be to have written by a third party coder, such as Glenn.

As an aside, shoutboxes don't generally assist with increasing forum activity. Indeed they commonly detract from it, because people find it quicker to just make their post in the shoutbox instead of creating a forum topic.
          MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.2 Demo
          AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

I don't foresee us adding this functionality in the future. You should open discussions with a third-party developer to see what it would cost to either implement a shoutbox from scratch or use the Duckways Shoutbox available on vBulletin.org.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
            I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

installed Duckways Shoutbox on vb 5.5.2 work very well
              fast with less resource consumption.
              price very attractive
              the only snag haven't auto refresh
              my opinon better then VBtech

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture (2).PNG
Views:	173
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	4415865
              voyger.: In Almighty God I trust, everyone else has to provide evidence."

vBulletin Version 5.5.3

Comment

• In Omnibus
                In Omnibus commented
                Editing a comment
                Deleting your database is better than using outdated and unsupported third party modifications. dbTech should be embarrassed to have left so many customers in a lurch over personal discrepancies with the coding.

• voyger
                voyger commented
                Editing a comment
                to tell you the true once want to buy dbTech pro they ask 170 dollar for life time plus there will be no update
                Duckways Shoutbox pro ask 25 dollar for life time very simple got the option for all group it is a bargain LOL
            widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X